Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aaarrrgghhh!!  (Read 1689 times)
wyodeb
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: January 25, 2004, 04:22:41 AM »

There--now I feel better.

The fingers on my left hand keep getting confused!! My brain seems to have difficulty sending signals to the correct finger!

I'm learning new stuff for my lessons. Being primarily a chorder who uses picking patterns, it is different using my left hand to help with playing melodies. My right hand is taking to it like a fish to water.

Deb :blink:  

Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R
slim

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2004, 07:51:49 PM »

I am learning finger style and this is a constant battle.  The cool thing is when I get a passage right - I feel like pausing and patting myself on the back!

Keep on practicing...   ;)  
Imapickn

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2004, 08:26:38 PM »

Deb.... you will do fine.. I would just remind you ... go slow.... go very slow.. and don't leave a measure until you have it down....  AND....... go slower... Oh, did I mention..... go slow.. (you have to "wire" the nerve paths)
Anyway, that works for me....  :)
Don
wyodeb
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2004, 09:30:41 PM »

Thanks! It's hard not to try to play as fast as I hear the music in my mind. I worked ssssslllllooooowwwwwllllyyy through the measures that were giving me the worst problems after I vented, and they are going better. Patience is not something I have a lot of--plenty for other people, but not much for myself. I appreciate the encouragement. I keep reminding myself how many times I ripped out the knitting of my first pair of socks...

Deb

Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R
slim

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2004, 11:40:50 PM »

A metronome might help in slowing things down.  I am pricing them out myself...  
wyodeb
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2004, 02:17:29 AM »

A metronome might help in slowing things down.
That's a good idea. My daughter has one for piano practice. Maybe I should borrow it!

Deb

Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: