F-III STRUMMER !!!!

Started by Danny, August 03, 2013, 12:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I just got through banging the heck out of my F-III on the song "New Horizons" by Justin Hayward (Moody Blues). I started in a medium strum and when it gets to the instrumental part I can't play lead so I really laid into the strumming and MY F-III does not fall apart! It just comes alive and keeps up with whatever I put it through. I even have a very low action and didn't notice any buzzing.

I guess mine must be a good one, eh? :blush:

Is there such a thing as a "bad" one?   :+1:
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

I never played an F-III until about a year ago.
I was blown away by it.
So we know that there's at least 2 of them, Danny

Quote from: Queequeg on August 03, 2013, 12:57:32 PM
I never played an F-III until about a year ago.
I was blown away by it.
So we know that there's at least 2 of them, Danny
I think you may have played Rogers. His is an identical twin to mine.
I have always enjoyed my F3 as a finger style and light strummer, but maybe after four years it really is just getting better.

Though I don't own an FIII I have owned a few LS's and have always strummed  and I don't understand why so many only concider them fingerstyle guitars.Really glad you were to hear what this body style can do. :thumbsup
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: unclrob on August 03, 2013, 01:14:54 PM
Though I don't own an FIII I have owned a few LS's and have always strummed  and I don't understand why so many only concider them fingerstyle guitars.Really glad you were to hear what this body style can do. :thumbsup
The LS is my favorite style, with the OO,, OOO OM right behind.

Indeed it was Roger's F-3 I played.
OK, unclrob, I admit I fingerpicked it but I heard others that day strumming it.
This guitar handles both with equal aplomb.

If I ever had money to buy guitars again an LS03 is on the list.....For now my LS10 will have to do..ya know what I mean.....
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

:nana_guitar    :guitar    :nana_guitar    :guitar   This is me taking turns with my LS-03 (a great strummer) and my "OO" (a great finger picker).

Wish I could play as good as my guitars deserve.... someday...

I'm a very blessed man!!!!!   :nana_guitar    :guitar

Quote from: Queequeg on August 03, 2013, 01:20:51 PM
Indeed it was Roger's F-3 I played.
OK, unclrob, I admit I fingerpicked it but I heard others that day strumming it.
This guitar handles both with equal aplomb.

I also played Roger's F III that day and as I've stated before, it still haunts me.  Beautiful guitar.  The feel and sound were wonderful.  I am a newbie to guitar and at that, that F III has been one of the nicest guitars I have played.  Are they all that nice or is it just Roger's and Dan's.?  My guess is they are all going to be pretty nice.
Larrivee OM-50
Larrivee Forum IV - #19
Willson 3400S Eb Tuba
Wessex BBb Helicon

Sounds like a keeper to me.  :thumbsup
in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60

Quote from: Tuba Mike on August 04, 2013, 12:46:22 PM
I also played Roger's F III that day and as I've stated before, it still haunts me.  Beautiful guitar.  The feel and sound were wonderful.  I am a newbie to guitar and at that, that F III has been one of the nicest guitars I have played.  Are they all that nice or is it just Roger's and Dan's.?  My guess is they are all going to be pretty nice.

I've seen and heard several .... in every different wood combo that was made..  Played a few; including my own LS-03 Forum III #3.   Each different wood combo has a slightly different sound.  The Italian Spruce with mahogany like Danny's  is especially nice.  The Ital. spruce with rosewood is wonderful as well.  Mine is the all-mahogany version and it suits me to a tee.
It also holds up well under aggressive strumming.  But, like Danny, I tend to use it as a fingerpicker mostly and rely on my L-10 for the strumming.   The folks in Vancouver really knocked it out of the park with the Forum III build.   

Quote from: dependan on August 03, 2013, 12:26:09 PM
    I just got through banging the heck out of my F-III on the song "New Horizons" by Justin Hayward (Moody Blues). I started in a medium strum and when it gets to the instrumental part I can't play lead so I really laid into the strumming and MY F-III does not fall apart! It just comes alive and keeps up with whatever I put it through. I even have a very low action and didn't notice any buzzing.

I guess mine must be a good one, eh? :blush:

Nice. Always good to be well satisfied by a guitar. :)

I'm not surprised it strums well. Larrivee makes a pretty stout guitar...generally very versatile and responsive. With Jean Larrivee being to wood expert he is, I suspect he chooses his Italian spruce (and every other top wood used) to meet the versatility requirement.
P-03R/IS

Spruce on top...

Hey Danny-----steady on a bit !......you sound like a bit of a guitar banger and thrasher !

I had you mentally down as more of a twinky, twiddly,  sort of plucker !        :wave

12 Frets to the neck on the FIII LS and also the FI & FII OM is nothing short of special.  Because of this, for years I've often wondered why on God's green earth doesn't Mr. Larrivee actually just produce 12 Fretters in these sizes for mass distribution so that so many more can enjoy the special tone that's provided. 
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Quote from: bluesman67 on August 04, 2013, 02:55:30 PM
12 Frets to the neck on the FIII LS and also the FI & FII OM is nothing short of special.  Because of this, for years I've often wondered why on God's green earth doesn't Mr. Larrivee actually just produce 12 Fretters in these sizes for mass distribution so that so many more can enjoy the special tone that's provided. 
:+1:

Quote from: bluesman67 on August 04, 2013, 02:55:30 PM

Don't forget the F IV. 

I see Danny's 1 and raise it  :+1:
Larrivee OM-50
Larrivee Forum IV - #19
Willson 3400S Eb Tuba
Wessex BBb Helicon

Quote from: Tuba Mike on August 04, 2013, 03:05:25 PM
Don't forget the F IV. 

No doubt!  I don't have first hand knowledge/experience with that one but I have no doubt!
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Quote from: Tuba Mike on August 04, 2013, 03:05:25 PM
Don't forget the F IV. 

You do know we asked Larrivee to make these models for us. I actually talked to Jean before the F-III was thought of and he had no interest in the LS or OO then. About 6 months later we ordered 78 LS F-III models. I think he was happy to find a way to use a bunch of the Italian Spruce he had scored.
       And we were happy to get it. :winkin: