Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: #4 Update  (Read 618 times)
sawdustdave

Ignore
« on: January 21, 2005, 02:54:29 PM »

Last night I had more time to get to know her (I need a name for her!). Worked on "Looking for a Lady" by Dan Fogelburg, and Lightfoot's "Anything but Beautiful". I'd worked out some hammer ons and pull offs in the bass part. I don't play melody and harmony, just simple Travis style picking.

What really floored me was the volume! LOUD! I was in a small room, but I've heard my LV in there, and #4 sure seemed louder. Another thing I like is the action - my index and middle fingers have no sense of touch in the tips due to a table saw, and getting the index finger to press down strings can be an adventure. The Lightfoot starts with an Amaj7 with with my index finger on the G string. I have problems a lot with this. With #4 it was a breeze.

To compare, I went to my Martin JC-16W, still my best ax. Action, although low, was not as easy to play. I found my normal problems with my index finger, too.

I won't compare sound - these are very different guitars, one Walnut, and a Jumbo, and #4 is, of course, mahagany and an OM. They will, however, really complement each other!

Dave

Martin JC-16WE
Larrivee OM-03D
Walden C2010
Taylor GS-Mini Hog
wyodeb
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 04:34:15 PM »

Another thing I like is the action - my index and middle fingers have no sense of touch in the tips due to a table saw, and getting the index finger to press down strings can be an adventure. The Lightfoot starts with an Amaj7 with with my index finger on the G string. I have problems a lot with this. With #4 it was a breeze.
It's that 12-fret magic. Impossible to explain, but there anyhow!

Deb

Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 04:52:40 PM »

Magic!!!!!!! :D  

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: