Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bakersfield neck pickup single VS mini humbucker  (Read 969 times)
Kris

Ignore
« on: July 24, 2013, 03:33:23 PM »

Does anybody can describe the difference between the single neck pickup and the mini humbucker for the sound?

Maybe a sound sample?

I am ordering one in a few days and do not know for sure. I gonna play some lead jazz and maybe some comping with this pickup.

I know that the lipstick would be alright for the task but humbucker have a more full sound and less buzzing.

Chris
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 04:23:52 PM »

Though I haven't heard the Larrivee version of the mini humbucker I have played the Gibson version and the tone is very nice and very usable.I prefer the standard lipstick style for better blending when using both pu's.BUT that's just me.More important to me is the tone cap and how usable it is,when does the roll off appear on the knob and how much.I spend a lot of time going thru caps till I find the right one depending on what the client needs are.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Kris

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 06:20:42 PM »

Though I haven't heard the Larrivee version of the mini humbucker I have played the Gibson version and the tone is very nice and very usable.I prefer the standard lipstick style for better blending when using both pu's.BUT that's just me.More important to me is the tone cap and how usable it is,when does the roll off appear on the knob and how much.I spend a lot of time going thru caps till I find the right one depending on what the client needs are.

Nice, I never play enough with the tone knob.

Thanks for your light.
bacchus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 06:47:51 PM »

I couldn't say how it would sound in a T-style git, but I have a Larrivee mini in the neck of my RS-4.  Mine sounds wonderful clean; really warm and fat.  As you start to crank it, it sort of get's ... greasy - in a good way.  Honestly, it is an awesome sounding pickup for my needs, though the only "Jazz" I play is pseudo-bedroom-noodler-wannabe-not-really-jazz jazz.  Nonetheless, it works quite well for me.

The only recordings I have are really bad in almost every way.  Most of them were recorded in one evening, in one take, without concern for such pleasantries as timing, and accuracy.  I tend to store song ideas on soundcloud until I can flesh them out properly, which is admittedly a very bad way to do things.

Nonetheless, here is one, recorded with a cheap Zoom H1 handheld recorder with my Forum V through a Morgan DAG15 (an AC15 style amp) and a touch of delay.  This should be all neck (mini) pup -

https://soundcloud.com/proud-tyrant/not-even-that-kind

Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18
Kris

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 07:06:46 PM »

I couldn't say how it would sound in a T-style git, but I have a Larrivee mini in the neck of my RS-4.  Mine sounds wonderful clean; really warm and fat.  As you start to crank it, it sort of get's ... greasy - in a good way.  Honestly, it is an awesome sounding pickup for my needs, though the only "Jazz" I play is pseudo-bedroom-noodler-wannabe-not-really-jazz jazz.  Nonetheless, it works quite well for me.

The only recordings I have are really bad in almost every way.  Most of them were recorded in one evening, in one take, without concern for such pleasantries as timing, and accuracy.  I tend to store song ideas on soundcloud until I can flesh them out properly, which is admittedly a very bad way to do things.

Nonetheless, here is one, recorded with a cheap Zoom H1 handheld recorder with my Forum V through a Morgan DAG15 (an AC15 style amp) and a touch of delay.  This should be all neck (mini) pup -

https://soundcloud.com/proud-tyrant/not-even-that-kind

Super cool Bacchus, thanks for your post, I'll go for the humbucker, sound pleasant to me.

Chris
thehtm

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 11:15:02 PM »

You can't go wrong with a Duncan mini in the neck of a tele!
Kris

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 04:32:15 PM »

You can't go wrong with a Duncan mini in the neck of a tele!

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: