Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Bakersfield beauty!  (Read 4888 times)
Boogeyman78

Ignore
« on: July 19, 2013, 02:45:01 AM »

I recently acquired this Bakersfield and I am in love.   This is my first time playing a Larrivee electric. I've always admired their acoustic guitars, although I've never owned one.
Well, their electrics are equally impressive and I feel really blessed to own this guitar. It plays perfectly and sounds incredible. I hope you all enjoy the pics.

Take care,

Donnie

P.S. This is my first post on this forum and it is great to be here!  bigrin

Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 02:51:20 AM »

Your going to have a lot of lefties here drooling........ drool .......I'm a righty and I'm drooling!!!!!!

Don't forget the reading of the rule's............  welcome aboard       and   

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Boogeyman78

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 03:01:27 AM »

Thank you for the welcome, unclrob. As you may have noticed, the guitar is actually strung right handed.
Yeah, yeah...I am one of those weird lefties who strings his guitars right handed. That is the way I taught myself to play a looooooong time ago.   I will definitely give the rules a once over.

Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 03:06:30 AM »

Hadn't notice that but not weird at all,I grew up with a couple of lefties who strung up there guitars that way.As a tech I try to practice with my guitar turned upside down at least once a month,it helps me work on lefties guitars.I need to be able to play scale's and chords at least poorly so I can do setups for my clients.   

OM03PA
Favorite saying
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Boogeyman78

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 03:35:05 AM »

You sound like a very solid tech. I've tried playing traditional left, but I can really only play chords that way.  
bacchus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 02:02:54 PM »

Nice score!  I LOVE that copper finish, that is just such a cool color.  Class and attitude in the same package.

Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 02:12:40 PM »

You sound like a very solid tech. I've tried playing traditional left, but I can really only play chords that way.  

That's the same thing my friends use to say.It just always amazed me that there would be one right handed guitar in the room and these guy's would pick it up turn it over and rip out the most amazing stuff with a second thought.I once had a client who ordered a lefty cutaway and had me replace the bridge with a righty bridge.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
brandon
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 05:23:30 PM »

nice guitar and nice amp! WOW a bakersfield through a mathcless. I bet that's quite a set-up.

welcome 

in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60
Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 10:15:51 PM »

nice guitar
robwms

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2013, 01:09:09 AM »

When I was considering getting a Bakersfield, that is the finish I would have chosen. Good thing yours is a lefty, otherwise I'd have to make you an offer!

She's a beauty.

BTW, since you're a newbie, how were you able to post such great pics on your first post?

Rob

Larrivee D-05
Larrivee RS-4 Custom (Arctic White)
Boogeyman78

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2013, 10:25:05 PM »

Thank you for the kind comments, everyone.

unclrob: I've had right handed bridges put on some of my lefty guitars, too. It is a lot of set up work in order to play them this way, but it works.   

bacchus: I agree 100%, I really dig the copper finish. 

brandon: It sounds incredible through the Matchless. It is a match made in heaven, no doubt. I took the Bakersfield out to my gig last night and played it about 90% of the time. I got several compliments on the guitar and the tone. It was great! 

robwms: I'm glad you're not a lefty, although I am loving the guitar far too much to part with it.  bigrin I should have read the rules prior to making this thread, but I was excited & anxious to share the pics. I did not realize I was not suppose to post actual photos on here until it was too late. I just posted the links from my tinypic account and the photos appeared. My apologies for posting actual pics instead of links. 

brandon
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 01:56:45 AM »

Very nice. How does the neck pup sound? I bet it has some bite to it. No apologies necessary for the pics, we all love lusting over guitars we can't have! 

in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60
Boogeyman78

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 02:17:17 AM »

The neck pup sounds great! It is warm & creamy and cuts through really well. I will try to get some sound samples recorded and post them here.
I like the bridge pup also, but I might swap it out with a Lollar, Fralin, or Mare single coil that is a little hotter. Honestly, this guitar is one of the nicest guitars I have ever played. It has definitely moved up to my #1. Thank you, Larrivee!   bowdown

tulk1

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2013, 11:37:18 PM »

Nice. Love the pickup configuration!

Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."
Boogeyman78

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 01:28:57 PM »

Thank you. 
Boogeyman78

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 02:59:53 AM »

Here are two sound samples I made to show how great this guitar sounds. I tried to minimize the amount of mic distortion, but a Matchless Avenger 30 into a camera mic = distortion. 

Enjoy! 

Clip 1:
http://s1022.photobucket.com/user/Maskman78/media/Sound1_zps81810a5e.mp4.html

Clip 2:
http://s1022.photobucket.com/user/Maskman78/media/Sound2_zpsce1ecda8.mp4.html
tulk1

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2013, 01:38:44 PM »

Oh yeah!!!  +1 They sound pretty darned good to me! Nice pickin' there, too, Boogey. 

Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2013, 02:04:01 PM »

Nice pickin' Donnie 

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2013, 05:31:16 AM »

Just listened to your sound clips.  Very nice tones and playing.  Thanks

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Boogeyman78

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2013, 03:55:55 PM »

Thank you all very much! I'm glad you enjoy the sound clips & playing. If I am able to get some cleaner recordings, I will share them.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: