Larrivee New Gloss Parlors

Started by Zmony, January 22, 2004, 09:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi all,

Long time lurker - first time poster.

I was at NAMM last week and saw Larrivee's new (full gloss) 0-05 and 0-09 Parlors.  They were incredible (especially the flamed maple w/sunburst)!

Has anyone else seen or heard of these?  I was told by a Larrivee person they would be in stores within two months or so.

Zmony

No, but what a great idea!
Don't take no wooden nickles, and don't put beans in your ears.

Zmony- Welcome to the forum!

Tom
'73 Gibson Hummingbird,'98 Ovation Std. Balladeer, '99 Martin 000-1, '00 Taylor 355, '01 Larrivee Parlor, MIM P-bass, '06 Rainsong AWS-1000

Could someone explain the difference between last years models and these?   :huh:  

From what I understand, these are not replacing the current Parlors.  It's like taking a current one and upgrading it with 05 or 09 appointments.  Gloss finish, abalone, etc.

Zach

Thanks, I will be eager to see them.   ;)  

QuoteFrom what I understand, these are not replacing the current Parlors.  It's like taking a current one and upgrading it with 05 or 09 appointments.  Gloss finish, abalone, etc.
I believe ZSelby is right, these are additions to the Parlor line.  

Other upgrades I noticed were:  ebony tuner buttons, OM-style pickguard, full-body sunburst option (on the flamed maple version only, however), and of course, a higher price tag :D .  

I think I saw a mahogany, rosewood, koa, walnut and a flamed maple version.  As best I can remember, the list prices on the first four were approx. $1,300-$1500 while the sunburst maple version was roughly $2,400.

Zmony

sorry kid's but I believe that the gloss parlours are going to replace the satin finished one's :(  
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

I'm wondering how the gloss will effect the sound. My walnut parlor would be very hard to beat in this size and would be concerned that it might detract from what I consider a perfect vintage blues sound, especially in this price range.  

I've had my rosewood parlour for about a month now and I am thoroughly pleased with it. If unclrob is right I'm afraid my GAS condition may come out of remission and I'll have to start saving for a gloss one.

HI, First time here, Just today I purchased my first Larrivee, A new Rosewood Parlor guitar, it just blew me away, I played the rosewood,koa, and mahogany and the rosewood just did it, I traded My breedlove atlas on this one at my local dealer, he also told me just returning from Namm the new Gloss parlors will replace the satin ones and be much more expensive, I;m glas I found this one...now to save for another larrivee... this one is perfect for home...my other guitars are a late 70's strat, and an early 90's Ibanez classical that i just restrung tonight for my step daughter....
Martin 000-15s
Martin 000-28EC
 Ibanez Jetking1
 Ibanez Classical