Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brain Dead and stupid..need help  (Read 1114 times)
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« on: September 01, 2013, 10:24:11 PM »

Worn out and burnt out.Now what I need is for someone who plays a Baritone acoustic guitar to help kick start my mind as I just can't remember how to tune a Baritone.Going thru my useless mind it keeps telling me an octive below what a standard guitar is tuned too which is how a bass is tune but it just sounds so low and I just can't get my ears too except it.......HELP ME PLEASE BEFORE I.....................................................

Oh its an Alvarez ABT60

wacko

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
RoundLakeDT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 11:37:38 PM »

We all get there sometimes. JustStrings.com says this:

" A baritone guitar is typically tuned to B, E, A, D, F# & B, a fourth lower than regular guitar tuning (E, A, D, G, B & e). Some longer scale baritones are tuned to A, D, G, C, E & A, while some shorter scale baritones are typically tuned to C, F, B♭, E♭, G & C. "

Hope it helps,

Dave

Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 01:54:30 AM »

Dave tanks but the client wants it tuned like a standard guitar and well it sounds like c**p but that's what he wants,so in the other tunings is it tuned an octive below standard in those tunings?

OM03PA
Favorite saying
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 02:22:47 AM »

Rob, It sounds like he's saying just tune the bass E down to B, not a full octave, then tune the rest of the strings "standard" in relation to that.  In other words fret that 6th string, now tuned to B, on 5th fret, and tune 5th string open to it, and etc on down the line like you would in stamdard tuning.

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
RoundLakeDT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 02:38:22 AM »

I think I'd agree with Flatlander.  If it's a baritone it won't tune to the usual E A D G B E, but "tuning like a standard" might just mean that every string is tuned down a couple of pitches... you can still make regular chord shapes but they sound lower. 

Try putting the low string at a B and the rest in synch with that (again, what Flatlander said).  Maybe you'll get some responses from real baritone players over the weekend too

If it sounds good, it is good (to quote Duke Ellington, I think)

Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 07:04:56 PM »

Thanks guy's talked to the client and now it will be tuned proper like.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 12:11:42 PM »

I play my BT-03 baritone on a regular basis and tune it B-E-A-D-F#-B as others have said. Although specific baritone strings are available, I use D'Addario EJ-18's 14-59 on it. Great tool for someone with my vocal range. Basically for me, it instantly translates tenorese to baritonese.   
LesPauloholic

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 09:38:16 PM »

It's like a reverse capo  bigrin

Q:  How many guitars are enough?

A:  Just one more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: