Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you could only have one electric. . .  (Read 2497 times)
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2013, 12:19:46 PM »

My Ricky 12 string.  It may not be the best electric made, but it reminds me of my youth growing up in the 60s.

The reason why,
Oh I can't say.......that's just the way it is.

OTOH...I do love my Larrys.
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2013, 04:07:48 PM »

My Ricky 12 string.  It may not be the best electric made, but it reminds me of my youth growing up in the 60s.

The reason why,
Oh I can't say.......that's just the way it is.

OTOH...I do love my Larrys.

Yea, it's hard to shake the vision of Roger McGuinn and his jangly old Rick in the iconic 60's isn't it
ST
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2013, 08:45:28 PM »

This is really tough. Sorry I can't get it down to just one.  

If I wasn't gigging then it would be

But since I am

or

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2013, 10:59:33 PM »

I'm going to limit myself to only guitars I currently own or have owned in the past.   The RS4 has gotten rave reviews but since I don't have any personal experience with one I'm not going to consider it for this exercise.     So my choices would be from this group:  A Epiphnone Les Paul, An Epiphone SG, A Schecter SH-1, a MIJ Strat, a made in Korea "Pro-tone" Squire strat, a Carvin Telecaster, a Gibson es335, or a Gretsch G6196T Country Gentleman with Bigsby.      

I am not ever getting rid of the Gretsch....it looks, feels, and sounds better than any electric I've ever played so far.

Yea, it's hard to shake the vision of Roger McGuinn and his jangly old Rick in the iconic 60's isn't it
  For me it's hard to shake all the ES 335s that were used by so many good players (that I really liked) So that's my choice, though I have never owned one and don't have an electric now. Of course there is a very nice electric set up in my OM-10e

Nice guitars ST +1

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2013, 03:22:08 AM »

For me it's hard to shake all the ES 335s that were used by so many good players (that I really liked) So that's my choice, though I have never owned one and don't have an electric now. Of course there is a very nice electric set up in my OM-10e

Nice guitars ST +1

Yup.  ES 335's are iconic in the rock, blues, pop, and jazz world for good reason.  Sadly, I've just packed up my 1985 es335 to be shipped to a new owner in Florida.   They say the economy is bouncing back but, unfortunately, in my business, it's still flat and looking dismal so some things are going to have to go.    I suspect that a very nice lefty 000-50MT, former GOTM, will be listed for sale here soon.   As much as it pains me to say it;  it's the one that has the most $$$ value and so it may have to find a new home as well.   crying

And, yes ST,  those guitars are amazing.    I guess the quilted maple one is a PRS ?   It's breathtaking.
ST
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2013, 03:45:26 AM »

Hi Lynn,

Yes the quilted maple is a PRS.

ST
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2013, 04:13:27 AM »

Hi Danny,

The 335 style guitars are great.

Nice guitars ST +1

I had an ES Artist like this for well over a decade. I enjoyed it immensly every time I played it. Very versatile and a joy to play.

I sold it to make way for the black guitar in my post above.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: