Hunting for a Bakersfield

Started by tulk1, May 29, 2013, 02:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yep. Thinking about pulling the trigger on a Bakersfield, finally! I know I need a right handed model. I know I want Matt's pickups in it. And I know I want a really cool Tobacco Burst. I think I'd like a MiniB in the neck - feel free to talk me out of that. And really, that's about it. The hard part is ............ where? No dealers near that carry them. Eddie's in StL told me they didn't plan on carrying the electrics at all. MassStreet in Larryville, KS only does the acoustics. ARGH!! Where do I find inventory to at least look at? On line is fine. Just .... where or whom?
Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."

Fun Tulk!! Hope you can find some to look at. Afraid I know of none off hand. I'm sure someone will chime in here shortly...

We have a common friend from another forum who I STRONGLY directed down the same path you're on, just yesterday.

hope to hear of developments soon!

edit to add:

online retailer who insists all guitars shown are in stock at his location, not just providing links.

has several bakersfields, none meeting your exact specs, however.

http://www.guitaradoptions.com/larrivee-electric-guitars/
It is never too late to be what you might have been. - Eliot

2004 LV-03/Fishman Ellipse
2010 RS-2/G3 'buckers

honorable mentions: Heritage 535, Bourgeois/Washburn D55 "Cherokee"

Quote from: Tio Kimo on May 29, 2013, 02:36:14 PM
Fun Tulk!! Hope you can find some to look at. Afraid I know of none off hand. I'm sure someone will chime in here shortly...

We have a common friend from another forum who I STRONGLY directed down the same path you're on, just yesterday.

hope to hear of developments soon!

Who? Got my curiosity up now.
Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."

check my edit above.

Gpuma. Shared with me his lust/current consderation for a tele. I hit him like a ton of bricks.

Dropped your name too...

2010 RS-2/G3 'buckers

Thanks for the links, Kip. First two have mini-hums!! Butterscotch color, tho'. Hmmmm. At least there's two to look at!  :beer
Kenny

Quote from: tulk1 on May 29, 2013, 02:44:26 PM
Thanks for the links, Kip. First two have mini-hums!! Butterscotch color, tho'. Hmmmm. At least there's two to look at!  :beer

Yep that was my thought. That blonde with a maple board is one fine specimen, IMHO.

2010 RS-2/G3 'buckers

So far ... I've found one with the color - he's not sure he wants to sell :) And an absolutely beautiful one with the pickups - but not the color. (Heavy sigh)
Kenny

Quote from: tulk1 on May 29, 2013, 02:18:25 PM
Yep. Thinking about pulling the trigger on a Bakersfield, finally! I know I need a right handed model. I know I want Matt's pickups in it. And I know I want a really cool Tobacco Burst. I think I'd like a MiniB in the neck - feel free to talk me out of that. And really, that's about it. The hard part is ............ where? No dealers near that carry them. Eddie's in StL told me they didn't plan on carrying the electrics at all. MassStreet in Larryville, KS only does the acoustics. ARGH!! Where do I find inventory to at least look at? On line is fine. Just .... where or whom?

Tulk1 - I ordered mine sight unseen from GuitarAdoptions.....Dave will treat you right...have purchased  4 Larry's from him over the years including my Bakersfield.....enjoy!
LS-30
Butterscotch Bakersfield HB Rosewood
OO 05 Custom
P-03 All Koa
P-03 Sitka/Rosewood

Too bad you're not a lefty ... mine's up for grabs in the For Sale section ... a mirror image of what you're looking for!  :rolleye:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on June 17, 2013, 11:06:36 AM
Too bad you're not a lefty ... mine's up for grabs in the For Sale section ... a mirror image of what you're looking for!  :rolleye:
...........  :crying: Yeah, I saw that. Thought, if there were some what to reverse it. Maybe play it while looking in a mirror. Learn to play left handed. But alas, no.
Kenny

If a lefty can flip a righty and play it so can a righty flip a lefty and play it.Just sayin..... :whistling:
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: unclrob on June 17, 2013, 01:39:30 PM
If a lefty can flip a righty and play it so can a righty flip a lefty and play it.Just sayin..... :whistling:
I don't think that's allowed. :cop:  Something about them catching fire, exploding. Not sure. But just doesn't seem safe to me. ......  :blush:
Kenny

Just saying.
Kenny