The ONE artist/band you listen to the most

Started by Danny, April 27, 2013, 09:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Another thread got me thinking of this as a topic. Over the years I tend to listen to one artist or band more than others. The Band and the Moody Blues dominated my listening for quite a bit of time in years gone by. But the last 25 years or so I seem to reach for a particular artist more than others, though of course I listen to various types of music and sometimes just prefer instrumental guitar music, especially those Nashville cats. ie Studio Musicians

Anyway for me it's Jackson Browne

So who do you listen to "the Most"

Wow. Tough call. Over the years, it would have to be the three B's ... Beatles, Band, Bob. Browne might be the 4th. Lately ... Nelson, Haggard, Jones, Cash get a lot of play.       

It varies as am I sure it does for most everyone, but a quick scroll through my iTunes library indicates that Lincoln Brewster dominates my playlist.
I listen to Bebo Norman and Dave Barnes a good bit too.
in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60

It changes from time to time.
Another vote for The Band. That went on for years. And I saw Levon Helm again just 30 days before he died last year. I could have posted LH under the favorite vocalists thread the other day.
OK, and the Beatles. I always come back to those guys. (Check out the 2-DVD set:  Living In The Material World by George Harrison and Martin Scorsese. 3 hours of great stuff.)
And Jackson Browne, too. When he first arrived on the scene, and then again about 2 years ago for quite a while.
Right now I'm in the middle of another Joni Mitchell phase. Her music never gets old.

For the last three day's,Beatle's,Sub Dude's,Renaissance.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: unclrob on April 27, 2013, 10:23:27 AM
For the last three day's,Beatle's,Sub Dude's,Renaissance.
Oh yeah. The Subdudes rock. They're about the closest thing to Pure Americana since the Band broke up. Them and BoDeans.

Quote from: Queequeg on April 27, 2013, 10:28:06 AM
Oh yeah. The Subdudes rock. They're about the closest thing to Pure Americana since the Band broke up. Them and BoDeans.

:+1: plus Keith and Barefoot Rob  :roll
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

The question of a single band that I have listened to the most isn't easily answered.  It all really depends on what era of my life I am thinking of.  Some standouts include Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead, and currently Steven Wilson/Porcupine Tree.
Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18

Quote from: nolifebutbmx on April 27, 2013, 12:33:41 PM
J.S. Bach
You mean the Metal singer? :cop:  Going that route it's
Brahms for me.
L-03 Italian Spruce

Lately it's been Fred Eaglesmith, Richard Buckner, and the Alabama Shakes.

But you said "one artist"  so I guess Fred Eaglesmith would top the list right now

Quote from: tuffythepug on April 27, 2013, 01:17:16 PM
Lately it's been Fred Eaglesmith, Richard Buckner, and the Alabama Shakes.

But you said "one artist"  so I guess Fred Eaglesmith would top the list right now

Fred's awesome and gets quite a bit of rotation with me as well but I gotta say, I prefer him live and in person.

Quote from: ducktrapper on April 27, 2013, 01:25:14 PM
Fred's awesome and gets quite a bit of rotation with me as well but I gotta say, I prefer him live and in person.

Yes, Fred is quite a character.  He probably spends almost as much time talikn' between songs as he does singin'.   I see him every time he comes around my area.   He has a way of turning a phrase in his songwriting that seems like he's just tellin' you a story.

Quote from: hadden on April 27, 2013, 12:59:40 PM
You mean the Metal singer? :cop:  Going that route it's
Brahms for me.

Haha yea, the one and only. So metal.
OMV-03r short scale

Robert Earl Keen.
Takes a while to warm up to his voice, but the guy sure knows how to put a song together.
Fantastiac live.

-harp
...forever on the never-ending quest for TONE!!!
http://songramp.com/harptech

U2 probably by a long shot. Taught myself "I Will Follow" (it is that simple) and I've been hooked ever since.
2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud

Like many of you, my favorites have changed over the years.  Currently, I would say I'm tending more towards "country swing" if that's the right term for it.  I like listening to Asleep at the Wheel, early KD Lang, Cowboy Junkies.  Also enjoying early Soul/R&B.  Sam Cooke, Ray Charles, etc.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

This is one, like many of you before me stated, varies a lot.  For the one artist right now it is Meschiya Lake and the Little Big Horns.  They are from New Orleans.  She just won the Big Easy award for best female vocalist for the 3rd consecutive year and the Little Big Horns won best traditional band.  I figure one must be pretty good to take first in those categories in New Orleans.  Her voice is amazing and the band is equally good.  Close seconds would be Brian Martin and Tony Rice.  I will have to check out the Sub Dudes.  I'm not familiar with them.  And a little J. S. Bach everyday is very good for the soul.   
Larrivee OM-50
Larrivee Forum IV - #19
Willson 3400S Eb Tuba
Wessex BBb Helicon

Mike the vocal harmonies of the Sub Dudes will blow you away.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: tuffythepug on April 27, 2013, 02:07:39 PM
Yes, Fred is quite a character.  He probably spends almost as much time talikn' between songs as he does singin'.   I see him every time he comes around my area.   He has a way of turning a phrase in his songwriting that seems like he's just tellin' you a story.

He almost incited a riot at the last concert I attended. It might have gotten ugly. There were a bunch of young idiots at the back of the room who wouldn't shut up. I know he doesn't suffer fools gladly but I think it's dangerous to egg on people to shut other people up. Saying things like, "In my day, some bigger guys would go back there and straighten those assholes out" is walking on shaky ground.