Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Waverlies standard on Larrivee?  (Read 564 times)
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: April 24, 2013, 09:59:54 AM »

Take a look at this Waverley ad from the Stewmac web-site - I found it interesting.  

Question is: have Larrivee guitars ever been furnished standard with Waverlies? - (I don't think so but might be wrong)

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,_slotted_peghead_tuners/Waverly_Slotted_Peghead_Guitar_Tuners.html

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure
Queequeg
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 11:55:29 AM »

Take a look at this Waverley ad from the Stewmac web-site - I found it interesting.  

Question is: have Larrivee guitars ever been furnished standard with Waverlies? - (I don't think so but might be wrong)

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,_slotted_peghead_tuners/Waverly_Slotted_Peghead_Guitar_Tuners.html
I feel fairly confident in saying "no" to standard on a Larrivee.
DISCLAIMER: I have been wrong before.
I've seen options for open back Grovers, for example on the F-IV forum 00-03.
brandon
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 01:18:45 PM »

I've noticed this ad before as well and dismissed it. I believe the open backs on my traditional series guitars are made by larrivee. Or at least that is the idea I've gotten by looking at them on the larrivee store and larrivee website. They are simply described as "custom milled open back tuners".

in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 01:59:19 PM »

Larrivee open back's are made to there spec's.I have tried to install the Grover open backs but I didn't have the right bushing,the one they come with aren't large enuff.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 02:07:06 PM »

The ad reads "The choice of renowned guitar makers", I don't see anywhere about them being standard. I've always assumed that at some point Larrivee ordered some tuners from Waverly, thus they are the choice of Larrivee.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
brandon
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 07:48:43 PM »

The ad reads "The choice of renowned guitar makers", I don't see anywhere about them being standard. I've always assumed that at some point Larrivee ordered some tuners from Waverly, thus they are the choice of Larrivee.

Good point.

I really like the tuners on my traditional series guitars. Have never had an issue with them coming out of tune or slipping. They look good also.

in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: