RIP Richie Havens

Started by unclrob, April 22, 2013, 09:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This is the guy that made me want to play rhythm guitar and use tunings and helped make me a Guild head.Such an amazing guitarist and I was just listening to one of his CD's that I have.Go in Peace and thankyou.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Very sad. I was a big fan too. I loved his unusual rhythms, great interpretations of favourite songs and huge soulful voice. R.I.P. Richie.

Big fan. 

RIP Richie
Steve ....aka the SMan

Richie Havens is singing "Freedom" in heaven.  A great musician, a great entertainer, a great performer, a great human being.  R.I.P.

He was a real gentle soul.
I met him a couple of times over the years. I had the honor of being his driver when he came to town.
No pretenses.
Loved his music.
He will be missed.

:ph34r: In an interview,he remembered being so,so nervous being the first on stage at Woodstock the guy who was supposed to go first hid under the stage so Richie just went ahead and played every song he knew,as he put it,there was a point ,if you remember,when he seemed to pause for a bit,he says it was because he could not for the life of him,think of what else to play.I,d say he did all right.
RIP Richie Havens

What a mindblowing Woodstock performance he gave... I'll pay my respects by having a listen to it now.
RIP R. Havens.
OM-03R 2008 Twelfth Fret SE 5/12
LSV-03R 2009 Forum III 55/78

RIP, Woodstock performance was beyond inspirational.  Love his cover of "Here Comes the Sun" as well! :bowdown: :bowdown: