Pickup Recommendation Please

Started by longlaketech, April 20, 2013, 08:14:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on April 22, 2013, 11:58:22 AM
I have never needed a preamp for my K&K's but I now use one just for the convenience of being able to make adjustments while seated rather than getting up and walking across the room to adjust at the amp. I don't know about the Roland but my Genz Benz amp has phantom power to the balanced input so if you use a balanced cable between the preamp and the amplifier you don't need a battery in the preamp, assuming you are using the K&K XLR preamp because it accepts phantom power.

Actually, you added a second preamp to your signal chain.  There is already one in the amplifier.

Quote from: dberch on April 22, 2013, 08:25:05 AM
Greetings, Longlaketech.  I'm a bit confused.

You say you have: "b-band under soundboard pickup"  which is the same thing as the AST 1470 you are looking at. Do you mean the UNDER SADDLE B-band?

If you have the under saddle b-band, then I'm confused as to why you would be having feedback.  When I was using  the b-band under saddle I found it to be extremely feedback resistant.  You might look at other possible causes for the feedback than the pickup.  Is it the low-register feedback where the low A or G note just keeps ringing out louder and louder until you deaden the string?

Please advise and we can help you better.

Thanks!
David

The BBand I had in my old seagull was like a ribbon thing that stuck on under the bridgepins underneath the sound board. On its own, it would feedback a fair bit . With the Roland AC60, the notch filter removed most of the feedback, ulness you played directly into the sound path of the amp.

Alas, I traded the old Seagull on my OM-40...
Life is too short to play crappy guitars....

Larrivee OM-40 RW w. LR Baggs Lyric
Larrivee LV-02
Roland AC-60

I have K&K pure western mini in my 000-50 but I use the Baggs M1 for the OM-03R.   I use the Baggs DI preamp with either one before going to a Bluies Deluxe tube amp.