Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NGD RS4 P90  (Read 3517 times)
brandon
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2013, 02:14:58 AM »

Brandon -

You inspired me to grab this Strat and play it this weekend.  Fun.  Question for you: when you roll your middle tone control all the way down, does it kill the volume all together (like a volume control)?  My middle tone control is working like that right now, and I don't know if it was always like this or if I did it when I installed the Dimarzio s.  Can you check on your Classic Player 50's strat?  Thanks 

Hey man. Just checked mine, which is all stock configurations. Neither of the tone controls have a noticeable effect on volume. Do you think one of the wires may have gotten crossed? It's definitely a fun guitar to play and I love the soft V neck. I've considered changing over to the dimarzio area 58 and 61 but just don't play electric enough anymore to justify the cost.

in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2013, 02:23:29 PM »

Hey man. Just checked mine, which is all stock configurations. Neither of the tone controls have a noticeable effect on volume. Do you think one of the wires may have gotten crossed? It's definitely a fun guitar to play and I love the soft V neck. I've considered changing over to the dimarzio area 58 and 61 but just don't play electric enough anymore to justify the cost.

Bill Lawrence has a couple sets of "humbucking" single coil pickups that are less $$ than DiMarzio's and sound quite good: I have a set of the S280 pups in one of my Warmoth Strats; Bill says they're his more "hi-fi" sounding pickups. He says his S200 set has more of a vintage Strat eq curve and sound ... you can read his description at his website.

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
1esotericguy

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2013, 04:52:02 PM »

Cool. Thanks. I shielded this guitar in addition to changing the pickups.
So, the tone control capacitor is probably grounding out on my copper shield.
I'll get to it someday.
Daves not here

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2013, 12:24:08 PM »

that's an awesome collection.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: