NGD RS4 P90

Started by 1esotericguy, April 13, 2013, 05:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

It came!  And no shipping damage!
Super clear pickups.  Nice wood.  And the tummy cut is great for my middle aged dad body!   :beer
My only beef is with the fret ends, but I started a different thread for that.  

Here come some pics:

Class Picture:

Nice collection. :cheers
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Very nice.  Love the sunburst!  Appreciate the pic of your collection (very nice BTW).  I hadn't ever seen the Larrivee electrics up against other guitars.  They've always looked smaller to me, but looks like they're LP size. 

Very nice indeed. Now tell me that RS4 doesn't stand out even in that stellar collection!!!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Pictures of the back. Can't tell if it's a one piece or not. Most of these models are one piece backs right?  This one looks like it might have a seam down the center. They may have also just centered a dominant grain line. I can't tell.
Nice either way. The tummy cut is comfy!  What do you guys think?  Did I get a 2 piece or 1 piece back:

Hi 1esotericguy. 

Nice guitar.  I would be very interested in your impression of the Larrivee P90s in an RS4 and what amp(s) you are playing it through.  I sure love mine.

Kurt
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Disclaimer - I am certainly no authority, but I believe that Larrivee only makes single piece bodies for the RS4.  In the far shots I can see what you are talking about, but in the close shot it looks much more like one solid piece.
Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18

You're brave hanging your guitars around a heater register.

Beautiful guitar, and a great collection. Props on the Paduak N4!! 
It is never too late to be what you might have been. - Eliot

2004 LV-03/Fishman Ellipse
2010 RS-2/G3 'buckers

honorable mentions: Heritage 535, Bourgeois/Washburn D55 "Cherokee"

Quote from: Walkerman on April 18, 2013, 10:00:32 AM
You're brave hanging your guitars around a heater register.

I know!   :crying:  Terrible.  I'm taking suggestions though.  The location in my home is non negotiable unfortunately.    

I just mounted this slat wall strip a month ago when I decided to hang my guitars.  All my other walls had obstructions.  The central heater hasn't been working for a while, so a non issue for now.  Nothing comes out of that register currently.  But when summer comes around and the AC needs to run...I don't have a final plan for that yet.  I'm hoping that just closing the register, as well as installing a register deflector will work.  The room doesn't need much HVAC at all, but I can't decommission the register all together.  If that doesn't work & the humidity situation is still bad when the AC is running, I'll just put some guitars away.  That's actually the reason why I went with the slat wall instead of the typical screw in hangers.  

This way, I can experiment with moving instruments away from the register, or take hangers down etc etc.

I have a little humidity meter in the room that I watch.
It does suck that this was my only good wall for hanging though.  I definitely struggled thinking about that stupid HVAC register.

Quote from: Tio Kimo on April 18, 2013, 10:06:25 AM
Beautiful guitar, and a great collection. Props on the Paduak N4!!  

Thanks - that N4 is actually not a paduak one.  Rarer - Sapele.  A dealer commissioned a short run.  I think the total run was 16, which included the first production samples.  This one is the only one with white decals and silver hardware too.  So, technically - it's 1 of 1!  The same dealer also had an in store with Nuno Bettencourt where he was signing for them.  He actually autographed this one & they told me he played it and liked the rawness of the neck as well.

Pretty cool!

Here's a terrible cell phone pic:

Very nice!

I think I have the same strat...classic players 50 in shoreline gold? I love mine. Î bet those P90s contrast a bit to the single coils on the strat.
in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60

Quote from: brandon on April 19, 2013, 09:31:27 PM
Very nice!

I think I have the same strat...classic players 50 in shoreline gold? I love mine. Î bet those P90s contrast a bit to the single coils on the strat.

That Strat looks like it has the modern two post bridge/trem with vintage saddles (although it's hard to tell for sure). Do the classic players have this bridge, or the 6 screw vintage style?  :? :donut :coffee
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on April 19, 2013, 10:19:21 PM
That Strat looks like it has the modern two post bridge/trem with vintage saddles (although it's hard to tell for sure). Do the classic players have this bridge, or the 6 screw vintage style?  :? :donut :coffee

Good observation but the classic players come with the two screw I do believe. Here's a close up. Sorry for the hijack.  :donut :donut2
in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60

Thanks, Brandon - I didn't know for sure.

(more hijacking ... sorry!)   :coffee :donut :coffee :donut2
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Very nice!

Yeah - love the classic player series. As far as I know, you still can't get a soft v profile neck on any other Strats for less than $1500.  And i think i bought that Strat for $550 new when GC was discontinuing the color. I love that neck.  Mine also has Dimarzio Area noiseless pickups and is shielded.
Great strat. 

Beautiful RS-4. But I'm also digging that Grace Potter V  :nice guitar:

Quote from: LeftyBlake on April 21, 2013, 05:39:39 AM
Beautiful RS-4. But I'm also digging that Grace Potter V  :nice guitar:

Thanks.  I'm really happy with that Grace Potter Flying V.  I'm still surprised that Gibson released that one at a regular Flying V price.  It had some cool appointments on it.  Would have thought they'd try to kick the price up 10-15% over a standard Flying V.  Cool!  Also, it seems to have actually disappeared from all the online retailers with no restock date at all.  So, maybe it's done done.  That would be pretty cool.  A genuine rare one.  Anyone know what an average single production run at Gibson is for a new model?  Maybe they ran 500EA?  I figure every GC location probably had 1EA.  And then maybe 20 or 30 for each online retailer.  Just a guess. 

Very nice!

Brandon -

You inspired me to grab this Strat and play it this weekend.  Fun.  Question for you: when you roll your middle tone control all the way down, does it kill the volume all together (like a volume control)?  My middle tone control is working like that right now, and I don't know if it was always like this or if I did it when I installed the Dimarzio s.  Can you check on your Classic Player 50's strat?  Thanks