Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bakersfield pickguards be ordered online?  (Read 575 times)
TomK

Ignore
« on: April 10, 2013, 12:50:51 AM »

Hello . . . New Bakersfield owner here. 

I was wondering if you can purchase the white Bakersfield pickguard online anywhere (mine's currently the black one) or do you have to go through a dealer?

I check the guard against a Fender Tele guard, but the screw holes and control plate cutout just don't match up.

Thanks!
Matthew Larrivee
Admin

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 03:20:28 AM »

Send an e-mail to info@larrivee.com and ask mike for the details. We do indeed sell them, but I will warn that they are not inexpensive. Bill Callaham invested a fortune to get the specific aged white parchment plastic, and it is second to none.. Then we make them virtually by hand which has a large expense to it. We have plastic for single ply and 3 ply. What is interesting to me, is that the hole placement was taken *exactly* from a 1950 broadcaster pickguard which Nacho was kind enough to take off one of his instruments to trace. So in reality, it is the fender pickguard that doesn't fit the Tele :>
TomK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 06:28:32 PM »

What is interesting to me, is that the hole placement was taken *exactly* from a 1950 broadcaster pickguard which Nacho was kind enough to take off one of his instruments to trace. So in reality, it is the fender pickguard that doesn't fit the Tele :>

How about that!  I was trying a brand new "vintage reissue" pickguard . . . which apparently is neither 'vintage' nor a 'reissue' of anything in particular.
TomK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 11:57:47 AM »

Send an e-mail to info@larrivee.com and ask mike for the details. We do indeed sell them, but I will warn that they are not inexpensive.

I've sent a couple of emails, but still haven't heard back.
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 12:03:22 PM »

I've sent a couple of emails, but still haven't heard back.
Telephone 

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: