Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: L-03 with K+K Mini Pure Western and L.R. Baggs Para DI - your settings?  (Read 914 times)
rockstar_not
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: March 26, 2013, 08:48:12 PM »

We have an L.R. Baggs Para DI on the platform at church.  Very rarely, I need to plug in my L-03 that has a K+K Mini Pure Western into it - haven't had sufficient time to take the DI back to the mixing board, and twiddle until I get a happy sound  through the PA.

Anyone have this type of a combo:  L with K+K mini pure western pup and the Para DI that wants to chime in with a setting that would be a good starting place for strumming in a 5 piece rock band type setup; Acoustic Guitar, electric, bass, drum kit and keys?

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF

My Sound Cloud
cbarclay

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 01:50:11 AM »

I've tried several guitars that have K&K pickups in them through a Baggs Para DI and have never found the sound to be very good.  It's an impedance mismatch issue even with turning every knob possible on both the board and the DI.  Unfortunately the only advice I have is to use a different DI like an Orchid Muting DI. 

Chris
Saint Louis, MO
L-03W
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 02:52:35 AM »

I can't give you settings as I don't know the room.I will say that the pa channel needs to be set flat and the best way to start out is to have all the knobs set at 12 o'clock then start with the gain at 9 o'clock and then its play time.Remember that you can take away freq just as you can add them.Goodluck and have fun.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 04:12:48 AM »

Rockstar_not,

I posted my settings in another thread a while back.  I have K&K's in both my L-07 and L-40 12-string and play them thru the Paracoustic DI, exactly like your situation.  I use more or less the same settings for both guitars as they are identical twins, almost.  These might be good starting points for you at least since you have an L model.  In my post, I described how I came up with the settings.  My settings give a very realistic sound, at least in my basement practise room.  I gigged with the same setup and settings one time and the sound man said the guitar sounded real good.  Of course the venue and equipment in your situation will have an influence.

Here is the link http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=41432.0

Hope this helps.

Kurt

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

rockstar_not
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 07:14:38 PM »

Rockstar_not,

I posted my settings in another thread a while back.  I have K&K's in both my L-07 and L-40 12-string and play them thru the Paracoustic DI, exactly like your situation.  I use more or less the same settings for both guitars as they are identical twins, almost.  These might be good starting points for you at least since you have an L model.  In my post, I described how I came up with the settings.  My settings give a very realistic sound, at least in my basement practise room.  I gigged with the same setup and settings one time and the sound man said the guitar sounded real good.  Of course the venue and equipment in your situation will have an influence.

Here is the link http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=41432.0

Hope this helps.

Kurt

Visited the link and printed off the settings - put them in my case for next time.  Thanks again.

-Scott

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF

My Sound Cloud
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: