David Gray-White Ladder
Barenaked Ladies-Compilation
Dave Matthews-Compilation
Chris Campbell-Out of Nowhere
Monte Montgomery-New & Approved
-----------------------------------------
-Larrivee D-03

-Martin HD-35

My most favorite go to C.D.'s right now are Debra Killings-Surrender, Lisa McClendon-Soul Music& MyDiary,Your Life . Alicia Keys-My Diary, Lauryn Hill-The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill & Unplugged 2.0. India. Arie- Acoustic Soul & Voyage To India . Joni Mitchell - Miles OF Isles.  

Deb, the Edmund Fitz. is on Gord's Gold II!  (Marketing arrangement!)
Steve and rob, I have seen Neil so many times i lost count.

I mostly listen (lately) to: Pat Metheny (his new solo acoustic "One Quiet Evening" is GREAT) but all of his work; guitar compilations--Narada and Windham Hill, gives you a great accomplished variety; Yes, and the Moody Blues, are always finding time to get played.  Come to think of it, I am mostly listening to ME playing that new D 03-12!!  My wife even thinks it's a great idea to get some recording equip  B)

naboz

Naboz,

Pat Metheny plays amazing acoustics made by an apprentice of Jean Larrivee, Linda Manzer. Linda also made him the Pikasso (I love that name) 42 string oddity that you can hear on "Ordinary Day".

If you ever get the chance to play one of her instruments you will be forever annoyed at any other guitar you play.

Oh well, one day.....

Ron

ronmac,
I was dreamily shopping for a harp guitar and inquired of Fred Carlson--but  :blink: they are out of reach unless that rich uncle comes thru!  (Fred made Michael Hedges' Oracle guitar.)
Yes, I saw one of Linda Manzer's baritone guitar like Pat M. plays but resisted the urge to ask to play/strum it--I knew I would be lost!
By the by, Pat is a really a down to earth guy, easy to talk to.

naboz

Leo Kottke - Greenhouse
Patty Larlkin - Pearishable Fruit
Ani Defranco - Not a Pretty Girl
Shelby Lynne - Identity Crisis
CPR - Just Like Gravity
Lucinda Williams - House of Blues Bootleg
CSNY - Deja Vu
Neil Young - Are You Passionette?
Carry On!

John

I stumbled on Nickel Creek's "Nickel Creek" CD yesterday at our favorite used CD place. Wonderful! It's in the CD player now!

Deb
Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R

Has anybody learned to play mid summer day dream by triumph? Thats song is my goal to learn to play.Being I've only been playing for a few months,I've got a long way to go.If any one is familiar with that song ,would you know where i might find some sheet or tab for it? Thanks Monty
2003 D-03
2005 L-10E
1982? FENDER BULLET AMERICAN BUILT
GALVESTON MY FIRST PRACTICE 2003

John Gorka
John Gorka
Lucinda williams
Gillian Welch
Soundtrack from "oh brother where art thou"
Gillian Welch-so amazing she needs two mentions
John Gorka-can't get enough of this guy
Just about anything with good rootie fingerstyle and not a lot of other crap noisin' it up!(just the instruments, please and some good mikes)  
Johnny Cash-his last stuff with Rick Rubin producing rips your heart out.
Larrivee OM-09

Don McLean - far and away his best album as far as I'm concerned - it's called "Solo"

a two-record (now CD) set recorded live in the UK in the mid-seventies. it's got all the hits and many more great songs.

just Don, a D-28, a banjo and the audience. Raw, and masterful, at the top of his craft.

highly recommended, even though you never want to hear American Pie again (skip over it)...
Rob 

Larrivee OM-03R
Art & Lutherie Cedar/cherry Parlor (the best 200-dollar guitars in the world, made in Canada by real guitar craftspeople) :-)
Click to Read About Art & Lutherie Guitars
Peavey Generation EXP

QuoteJohn Gorka
John Gorka
John Gorka-can't get enough of this guy
Never heard of John Gorka.
So I found http://www.johngorka.com/
And, suprise, he actually has a complete CD of tunes you can download from the site, for free.  I'm checking it out right now.
Cheers

Dan
Larrivee LS-10 (sold)
Larrivee parlors - satin mahog. / FQMS Special Koa / FQMS Special Braz.
Everett Laurel Dread
Martin 000-28ECB (sold)
Kopp  419 cutaway
Kopp Betty Swing #1  (sold)
Kopp 000-18 style

Pink Floyd
Yes
Jethro Tull
Mike
OM-03R

I've seen John Gorka a couple of times.... good stuff!
They play a lot of his stuff on www.folkalley.com

Rob, you and I have to get together. I love Lindley. I'll never forget the t-shirt he wore when playing with Jackson Browne back in the early 80s. Lindley played on Crosby and Nash's tours as well (that 50 pound lap steel can sing can't it?).The t-shirt said....."Nasby and Crosh". that pretty much sums up Lindley's sense of humor.

That's one of the reason I love him.That and his taste in clothes.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

QuoteRob, you and I have to get together. I love Lindley. I'll never forget the t-shirt he wore when playing with Jackson Browne back in the early 80s. Lindley played on Crosby and Nash's tours as well (that 50 pound lap steel can sing can't it?).The t-shirt said....."Nasby and Crosh". that pretty much sums up Lindley's sense of humor.
Lindley?  What?  two David Lindley fans here!?!  Amazing!  Well, make it three fans now.  I'm getting to really like it here - I have met like, lets see, zero people who knew about Lindley in my life, now I find two of you in one day.
I could go on & on about how fantastic his playing is, and I'm sure I will, but for now I'll just say "wow"  and "glad to know ya's"

Dan

ps- I have one of the best collections of live Lindley anywhere, but shhhhh, don't tell Mr. Dave
Larrivee LS-10 (sold)
Larrivee parlors - satin mahog. / FQMS Special Koa / FQMS Special Braz.
Everett Laurel Dread
Martin 000-28ECB (sold)
Kopp  419 cutaway
Kopp Betty Swing #1  (sold)
Kopp 000-18 style

Randy Travis - Worship & Faith
Doyle Dykes - Gitarre 2000
Trust Company - Lonely Position of Nuetral
Pink Floyd - Pulse
Hillsong Music Australia - You Are My World
Rez Band - Ampendectomy

The Gathering Field - "Lost in America"
They're a former Pittsburgh-based band that still play from time to time. Their music is in the vein of Counting Crows, Jackson Brown - I guess you'd say they're adult-contemporary with a folksy flair. Their lead singer Bill Deasey is still playing original material in clubs across the country with a full band or paired up in an acoustic duo. He has a small cult following and I had the opportunity to hear some live show bootlegs from some of his close fans.

Other CDs that I listen regularly to include:

Dave Matthews - "Some Devil", "Before These Crowded Streets" and "Crash"
Sarah McLachlan - "Fumbling Towards Ecstacy"
Bruce Springsteen - "The Rising"
Counting Crows - "August and Enverything After" and "Hard Candy"
Gipsy Kings - "The Best of"
U2 - "The Joshua Tree"
Jimmy Page and Robert Plant - "Unplugged"
Santana - the newer Best Of
Eric Clapton - "From the Cradle"
Stevie Ray Vaughan - "Texas Flood (remastered and extended)", "In Step", "The Sky is Crying" and "Live at Carnegie Hall"

I seem to have a split personality when it comes to listening/playing music. On one hand I love songs that have great lyrics that stand on their own. On the other, I love instrumental masterpieces and have recently come to appreciate fingerstyle guitar music. My CD want list now includes:

"Best of Dire Straits" - I wore out the cassette!
"Only" by Tommy Emmanuel
Anything new by Mark Knopfler, Martin Taylor, Laurence Juber or Doyle Dikes.
Neil K

2013 DIY Medium Jumbo (western red cedar/S. American Mahogany)
2013 McKnight Ukulele
2009 Martin D-16GT
2006 Larrivée OM-03R
1998 Fender American Standard Stratocaster, Ash Body, Natural finish
1989 Kramer Striker 610

I forgot the name of the album but it's by Johnny A. Sort of a bebop Buesy, jazzy monster guitar record with tone and taste for the end of the world. Also:

Hellecasters-Escape from Hollywood
Al Di meola- Di meola plays Astor Piazzola
Donald Fagen-The Night Fly
Chris Cornell-euphoria Morning
A Decade of Steelydan

In the car CD changer:

Jackson Browne:  For Every Man (one of his early ones,  a classic)

Rolling Stones:  Get Your Ya Ya's

Natalie McMaster:  A outstanding Cape Breton fiddler.  Go see her if you get a chance

Neil Young Unplugged:  Starting to bore me

The Crusaders

BB King:  Blues on the Bayou.  A fairly recent studio album, minimal mixing, just him and his band.  Great BB.
http://community.webshots.com/user/fng45

Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

I just got Michael Glabicki's Uprooted and it is great.  He's the lead singer from Rusted Root and this solo album is rockin my socks off.  It's jut him and an acoustic guitar and he's beatin the crap out of it.  He has a really agressive/percussive type of style and I dig it.  He's also got a great voice as well.  If anyone is interested I think that the only place to get it is from www.rustedroot.com.