New Larrivee Bakersfield

Started by Jimberjam, March 26, 2013, 07:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum so first things first  :donut :donut2 :donut :donut2 :donut :donut :donut2 :donut2
I ordered a Bakersfield about 5 weeks ago from my local music shop and I just found out it should be arriving in a week  :bgrin:
I went for the tobacco burst option and the mini hum in the neck.
Does anyone know if all the new Larrivee electrics come with Lerrivee pickups? I noticed on the website it says they are equipped with Seymour Duncans but i wasn't sure if that was outdated.
Anyway, I'll try post some pictures when it comes in!  :smile:

:welcome: and congrats on a  :nice guitar:

The tobacco burst is lovely, as is all of the larrivee bursts. I'm not sure about the pups, but Matthew Larrivee frequents the forum and could tell you exactly. I know that most of the RS4 are coming with the larrivee buckers but I'm not positive about the Bakersfield or lancasters.

Can't wait to see it  :nana_guitar
in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60

Congrats on your incoming Bakersfield.  Those look like seriously sweet guitars.

As far as pups go, and don't quote me on this because I am just guessing, but I would guess that, unless otherwise specifed, the Bakersfields probably come with the SD pickups.  Again, I have no reason to believe this except that the website still shows them coming as such.

Either way, we'd love to see (and even hear) your Bakersfield when you get it.

:cheers
Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18

You definitely need to check with Larrivee about which pickups are in your guitar. I can't imagine why they would continue to use the SD pickups (as nice as they are; I had them in mine before having Matthew replace them) when they are now making their own in house Tele pickups (and mini-humbuckers). Unless a customer requested Duncan's, I suspect they now come with Larrivees.

Remember, product specs change all the time, and manufacturers always include that little blurb about specs being correct at the time of publishing, but they reserve the right to change/improve them, blah, blah, blah...
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

I have a Larrivee made tele bridge pu in my partscaster and it a wonderful sounding pu the Duncan stuff doesn't hold a note to it.I just added my old Fralin SP bridge pu to the guitar with the Larrivee in the neck position its basically a P90 works great with the Larrivee when running them together I get this great out of phase tone.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

You could probably find your answer at the Larrivee facebook page.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: unclrob on March 27, 2013, 09:25:09 PM
I have a Larrivee made tele bridge pu in my partscaster and it a wonderful sounding pu the Duncan stuff doesn't hold a note to it.I just added my old Fralin SP bridge pu to the guitar with the Larrivee in the neck position its basically a P90 works great with the Larrivee when running them together I get this great out of phase tone.

I would love it if you could post a picture of this guitar, unclrob - however, I know you may not have the equipment available...

Quote from: Mikeymac on March 28, 2013, 12:25:27 PM
I would love it if you could post a picture of this guitar, unclrob - however, I know you may not have the equipment available...

OH YA!!!!! HAHAHA!!!!!! :doh

:humour:
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

some-one get him a phone at least.......(uncrob)   :wave
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Hey NOW,I know that it took me until the 1989 to get an answering machine and not until 2002 did I even touch a computer or even get an email address I got a cell phone in 2000 but just so my wife wouldn't worry BUT I tried facebook for a week,all sorts of people's treads started showing up and I got bored with it.I don't text,tweet or anything else as I can't see the keyboard on the new phone's nor do my thumbs work that well.Apps don't interest me,h*ll I just figured out to use spellcheck on this forum a couple of years ago and my eyesight s**k's.Give  a {as my son calls me} vintage,vampire Sasquatch a break.Jeez Louise......
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: Jimberjam on March 26, 2013, 07:20:09 PM

I ordered a Bakersfield about 5 weeks ago from my local music shop and I just found out it should be arriving in a week  :bgrin:
I went for the tobacco burst option and the mini hum in the neck.
Does anyone know if all the new Larrivee electrics come with Lerrivee pickups?
:welcome: Jimberjam thanks for the  :donut  :donut

As for for PUPS all mine are SD but I think Larrivee are doing them all now

Like your combination choice here's a couple pics of mine to hold you over while you are waitin  :blush:

Should be any day now  :?
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

wow! that Bakersfield is stunning! definitely a  :nice guitar:
mine should be coming in on Monday if all goes well, however I'm sure the shipping companies aren't going to be quite as efficient considering its Easter weekend.

also, thank you everyone for the replies and info on the pups!  :beer

Andrew is that an original blackface Super Reverb or a reissue.Super Reverbs was my main amp for years.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Regarding your Bakersfield pics Andrew.

The flame grain on that neck is soooooooo nice.

And a bit off topic, but when a member posts a guitar pic, I find it so interesting to see the surrounding room, equipment, or whatever is in the background.  It's nice to see the space in which a member hangs out, so to speak.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

I also had another question.
How are the factory set ups on the Larrivee electrics? is it worth it to get it professionally set up right away? I'm not TOO picky about the action and stuff, I just was wondering if it would make a noticeable difference.

Thanks again  :smile:

Should be two more days  :bgrin:

There setup's are nice but you should always have your guitars setup to your taste.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: unclrob on March 30, 2013, 10:54:37 PM
There setup's are nice but you should always have your guitars setup to your taste.
:+1: For me there was very little I had to do for each. I heard of some others who didn't like the factory setup at all. Its really a personal thing.
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

I raised the action on mine just a tiny bit - to avoid buzzing when I dug in. Otherwise, perfect.

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on March 30, 2013, 10:57:22 PM
:+1: For me there was very little I had to do for each. I have have heard of some others who didn't like the factory setup at all. Its really a personal thing.

My Forum V RS-4 was setup almost perfect (for me at least) right out of the box.  Don't know if the dealer (LA guitars) did anything to it in the way of set up.  I suspect not, so I assume it came from the factory that way.  I did do some slight adjusting of the pickup heights though.  I will eventually tweak it's setup at some point, but like to play them for quite a while before I decide if anything needs adjusting.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

As far as setup goes, my FV was set up nicely, but I did take it in to a tech and had a personalized setup done.  I definitely felt that it benefitted from it.  What this al comes down to, I think, is that guitar setup is a highly personal thing.  Even under the best of circumstances, it is always a good idea to consider the possibility of needing a setup on a new guitar simply because one person's perfect is another's too low/high/hot/etc...

Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18