Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yamaha Pacifica tele  (Read 2403 times)
placoustic11

Ignore
« on: March 07, 2013, 03:28:31 AM »

I just purchased a used yamaha pacifica tele copy I,ts made of pine and has fender pups.For a beginners guitar it actually sounds and plays quite nice.
I picked it up for $100 bucks ,can,t go wrong at that price.Good ole yamaha guitars ,a decent instrument for a decent price.
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 03:18:16 PM »

I think you scored. I have a Pacifica 12 string. Stratlike rather than tele-ish but really nice guitar.
nolifebutbmx

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 11:59:49 PM »

Ive played and set up my friends Pacifica. Also, this one was more of a strat then a tele. I really liked it, very well made instrument for the money. In general i think Yamaha makes great products, though they often lack a soul in their voice.
very precise, calculating instruments.
my other friends  Yamaha electric bass guitar is excellent for what it is (cheap and well worn). sound and plays as it should.

OMV-03r short scale
sneaky
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 08:28:18 AM »

Pacificas came in several models, some that would set you back a couple of thousand US dollars. Had a few high end Yamahas including Pacificas...the Pac 10th anniversary and USA II strat types...as good as anything I see hanging in local shops, and even the low end Pacs have fabulous necks, at least I always thought so.
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 12:58:05 PM »

Feel the Yamaha love! After my Larrivées, they are my second favourite guitars. I have four of them.
placoustic11

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 10:42:47 PM »

Well,I,ll tell ya,I have a very nice high end PRS that continues to sit in it,s case while I play the pacifica I mean this guitar is a pine body tele copy the neck is straight and very easy to work with so it goes to show you I,ve heard of great players who play great gigs with $300 guitars.
As someone once said "tone is all in the fingers".
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 06:53:37 AM »

I did a setup on a Pacifica HSS Strat clone about a year ago for a regular client.  I was impressed with the build quality, hardware, playability and sound of that guitar.  I forget the model number, but I know it was one of Yamaha's cheaper ones in terms of retail price.  Very good value guitars are Yamahas IMHO.  I see many Yamahas, both electric and acoustic for sale on Kijiji and often am surprised at how little money, relatively speaking, sellers are asking for them.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 12:26:53 PM »

I did a setup on a Pacifica HSS Strat clone about a year ago for a regular client.  I was impressed with the build quality, hardware, playability and sound of that guitar.  I forget the model number, but I know it was one of Yamaha's cheaper ones in terms of retail price.  Very good value guitars are Yamahas IMHO.  I see many Yamahas, both electric and acoustic for sale on Kijiji and often am surprised at how little money, relatively speaking, sellers are asking for them.

Well, you can always ask more but you won't get it. I've been offering my Yamaha drop 6 baritone for sale for a couple months with no takers. Asking $300.00. Paid more than twice that and it's pretty much mint.   
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 10:00:34 PM »

Well, you can always ask more but you won't get it. I've been offering my Yamaha drop 6 baritone for sale for a couple months with no takers. Asking $300.00. Paid more than twice that and it's pretty much mint.   

Yeah, that's what I meant.  You would think you could get more for them especially when you compare them to which brands are their competition for the same price.  Maybe it's because there are so many of them out there?  I wouldn't doubt they are one of the biggest manufacturers of guitars world wide, no?

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 10:30:27 PM »

Maybe it's because there are so many of them out there?  I wouldn't doubt they are one of the biggest manufacturers of guitars world wide, no?
I'm sure they are up there. I always assumed Samick was the worlds largest in volume but thats been my thought for 10 years surly it may have changed. I'm sure Yamaha must be up there and really up there if you include all the other different instruments they make. Good Question!!!!

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
rockstar_not
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 10:57:50 PM »

Still for sale?  I know a guy who is really disappointed he sold a Fender that was similar - sold only for a few years in the 90's.

-Scott

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF

My Sound Cloud
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: