Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tacoma  (Read 640 times)
jens

Ignore
« on: February 17, 2013, 02:33:17 PM »

As a proud owner of meanwhile two great Tacoma guitars (just bought a EM9C) I would have been lucky to join the tacoma guitar forum - but it doesnt work. I'm hanging in the "wait for approval" status since one week. Any of the tacoma forums mods here? Ok, thats kind of misusing this board but what should I do 

jens
CJ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 02:49:08 PM »

The Tacoma forum is not very active ... the owner Mo took a few days to approve my membership as well some months ago. Though I can't say that for sure - as I recall, you do not get an approval / welcome email with that forum. So the couple of days may have been just how long it took me to figure out I just needed to try logging on.

I used to own a Tacoma DM10 and was treated to a tour of their factory before Fender bought them. Always wished I'd bought that C3CE4 Chief I played at Ted Brown Music in Tacoma, WA back in the day - first time I'd ever been exposed to an Engelmann spruce top and loved it.
CJ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 02:50:37 PM »

PS - I just checked the member list there and you're listed at the top in a sort of newest members.
jens

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 06:40:53 PM »

Wow, you`re right - but I didn't get any notification on this by the board or its admins although I was told to wait for one.
skewzme

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 11:59:36 PM »

Greetings,
I am a Tacoma fan, but i only buy Chief's and Roadkings because I prefer the 1 3/4" nut width. I've owned many,  including some rare ones.
I"ve owned as many as 7 Chief's at one time, and owned just about every model of Chief they made at one time or another.

The run of the mill cedar top Chief's are the best. Those guitars resonate like crazy and produce a really loud sound for their size. Like no other guitar out there. Can't say enough about them.

mas music

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 01:13:36 AM »

So sad that Fender took this intresting little company and then killed it. I really don't understand Fender. Why they would sell cheap Chinese made guitars under the Guild name makes no sense. Why not call it a squire?

*Larrivee L03 Bubinga
*Kremona Sophia classical
*Taylor 562ce
* Makala Baritone Ukulele
AZLiberty
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 02:14:56 AM »

So sad that Fender took this intresting little company and then killed it. I really don't understand Fender. Why they would sell cheap Chinese made guitars under the Guild name makes no sense. Why not call it a squire?

Fender also sold cheep Chinese made Tacomas under the brand name Olympia.  I picked one up locally for $200 when I wanted a "I really won't cry if the airlines smash this" guitar.

OM-03RE,
D-03R-12,
Parlor
LS-03 Forum-III #34 (IS/MH)

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/markhorning
SMixon

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 02:47:53 PM »

Mas Music.... You said what I've been saying for years. Although I like Fender guitars, they bought Tacoma and then crushed it.

Greetings friend and welcome to the Forum. Please stay a while as regardless of the brand of guitar you own you will get great information here on guitars, great people, and great conversations.

I owned two Tacoma guitars before the Fender buy out which were a DM9 and a DR20. Regrettably I sold them in around 11 years ago.

The boutique guitar shop I bought them from said they stopped carrying them because when fender bought them out their prices went up and their quality went down. It didn't mean each individual was getting a bad guitar, but they were having more and more warranty issues than they'd had with the original owner.

Taylor 512
Fender 2013 American Standard Telecaster
Vintage Gibson J-45
Therdrail Amp
Carvin Nomad Amp
LR Baggs
Pedals and What Not
dream deferred

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 09:33:41 PM »

jens,

Really nice guitars!