Larrivee OMSV03 Maple

Started by Frasier1, February 19, 2013, 06:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ok, what do you guys/gals know about the Larrivee OMSV03 Maple?   Ted from LA Guitar Sales posted this on Facebook earlier today and I LIKE IT!!!
Is it the OM version of the LSV?  Is the body depth on the LSV as shallow as this OMS?   Or does the 'S' stand for Slothead?  Unable to determine in the pictures.
Here is the link.  https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10151485949125791&set=pb.191341065790.-2207520000.1361318333&type=3&theater

:cheers

I think the S stands for small but I could be wrong. I'm not completely sure about the exact dimensions of the LS but I believe it is smaller than the L body style in other areas of other than depth such as the widths of the lower and upper bout.

I thought that my OMV was small in depth compared to my D-60. It'd be interesting to play one even shallower than the standard OM
in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60

Shallow body and Maple construction.  (two things I seriously dislike)   I'll pass on this one, but it's nice to see Jean continue to be innovative.

Since I'm not a facebook member I can't see the guitar.So all know the LS is an L body shape but 1" smaller in size.I will take a guess at the letters since not pic.OM body,V for cutaway,S well I can't tell but would asume slot headstock.Oh an its an 03 so satin finish with a maple body.I like maple in an OM my OM03PA is a maple body with a 12 fret neck and it is an amazing sounding guitar tha trully love's drop tunings. :smile:
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

OM shape but the S stands for "small" ..  it's 1" less depth than a standard OM.   V = venetian cutaway.  03 satin finish.   Maple back and sides.
Just imagining what this combination would sound like and I don't think it would be for me.   Seems like it would seriously lack a low end and be way to bright for my taste.

Quote from: unclrob on February 19, 2013, 10:34:23 PM
Since I'm not a facebook member I can't see the guitar.So all know the LS is an L body shape but 1" smaller in size.I will take a guess at the letters since not pic.OM body,V for cutaway,S well I can't tell but would asume slot headstock

In this case S stands for Shallow Body.  I don't think Ted would mind me reposting the pic.

Depending on the design, I like or dislike maple B&S. Really nice guitars take on this fantastic sustain and shimmer with maple.

Less nice guitars just sound kind of thumpy and one dimensional.

I would want to hear the guitar. But I like the idea of an OM cutaway. I keep on running out of frets on my OM!
"Soulshine is better than sunshine, better than moonshine, damn sure better than rain."

Quote from: AZLiberty on February 20, 2013, 07:51:03 PM
In this case S stands for Shallow Body.  I don't think Ted would mind me reposting the pic.

Thanks for posting the pix.Looks interesting and even though I'm not a fan of barndoors a maple body OM with a cutaway could be useful.The thinner body concerns me as maple is a very dry tone wood making the body depth an inch shollower may cut into the overtone's which are shuttle enough in a standard depth.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

I really like this one, except for the barn door. SH is the designation for slothead on my OO-05 SH custom. It is nice to see this innovative design coming out. I think we caught a glimpse of the shallow body once when someone was in the factory and took pics. I guess this was it.

Ted replied to my response on FB and said these also come in Walnut B/S.  I'm not sure about the electronics but he mentions that they are 8-10 weeks out for ordering so I would think getting them without shouldn't be a problem?!!