My RS-2 in a video

Started by SamDBL, February 14, 2013, 05:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Here's a video for my band's last single. We did the shoot while on the road (it was shot in Detroit). My RS-2 was my #1 for the whole tour. The bummer is that while I used the RS-2 for the whole shoot, the director wanted me to switch to my backup guitar (Reverend) for a pass for cutaways only (made me change clothes, too!). A rough cut of the video meant for reference only used mostly the one pass (out of about twenty) with the other guitar. Long story short, the editor, director and filmers got into a tiff and left us with only the rough cut to work with. Out of sync and with the wrong guitar. Oh well. That's rock n roll. In any case, you see the RS2 at the beginning a few times. I have a couple, but this is the road dog. It's got painted neck, too. And it was used almost exclusively on the recording of the album (for my tracks, anyway).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gFFIbPqzZc

Really great sound, thanks for the link.

mary
:blush:

Nice.  I like the sound of the guitar (and the song).  Thanks for posting.

Kurt
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Nice work. The REV's are nice too, good to see the RS-2 getting some love on the road. A testament that your finding the p90's such a usuable sound for your band. Not all that common.

I still have yet to hear ML's P90's.

It is never too late to be what you might have been. - Eliot

2004 LV-03/Fishman Ellipse
2010 RS-2/G3 'buckers

honorable mentions: Heritage 535, Bourgeois/Washburn D55 "Cherokee"

Nice work!  I love seeing (or hearing) these in the wild, even if they are given the shaft sometimes in a video  :bgrin:
Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18

"Like"  :thumb
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992