My first R4

Started by olrac, February 14, 2013, 01:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: dependan on October 29, 2013, 09:49:40 AM
Unbelievable.

Yeah, another stoo-pid good deal, and a lefty to boot! You dun good! I'm sure it sounds great; my RS-2 does.

:nice guitar:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

certainly adds fuel to the sagging prices discussion.......

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Yeah I don't get why I was able to get these so reduced a price, they are made great, play great, and look great.

$485.00?
I'm dizzy with envy.

I console myself in the fact it was left and I am right.

Fantastic score.

Yeah this one I found on Ebay listed for buy it now 649.00 or make offer. And he took my offer of 485.00

so I just got this RS-2 today and FOOK . .... Jean hit a home run with this one!

Nice guitars. You are racking up!
in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60

man the satin neck is awesome!

olrac..congrats on another great guitar. Seems you're a true Larrivee convert.

question...are the two necks identical in geometry?
It is never too late to be what you might have been. - Eliot

2004 LV-03/Fishman Ellipse
2010 RS-2/G3 'buckers

honorable mentions: Heritage 535, Bourgeois/Washburn D55 "Cherokee"

Yes they are pretty much the same. I prefer the satin finished neck of the R2 though, feels faster.

Quote from: olrac on December 08, 2013, 01:33:30 AM
I prefer the satin finished neck of the R2 though, feels faster.
I'm the opposite
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

I just installed a Duesenberg tremolo on my R4. Super easy just take off tailpiece and replace with trem unit. No fitting necessary. If you are looking for a Brian Setzer type of tremolo this would be for you. Not a dive bomber.

BRILLIANT CONCEPT!
Like over 50?

Quote from: olrac on February 19, 2013, 06:53:56 PM
I have had for a few days now and I was hoping it would be a good guitar,  but  it isn't.......................

IT'S a F-ing AMAZING GUITAR!!!!!!

Hard to describe what it's like because it is so unique. Can't believe musicians aren't fighting to get one of them. didn't realize what a deal I got until having it in hand for a few days. I own a 1968 Lefty LP black Custom and this is right up there with it. Now for sure I need  a P-90 RS-4!
:nana_guitar :nana_guitar :nana_guitar

PS an extremely well made case as well!

SHHHHHH don't say that stuff! then everybody will want one, and we won't be able to buy them at a fraction of what it costs them to make them!!!! :humour:
Like over 50?

My RS-4 was used for electric rhythm, fills and the solo played by our engineer Rob Nickerson. Sounds very good, imho. Best guitar of its kind out there.

https://www.reverbnation.com/thomaslee4/song/30131662-hey-look-at-you-thomas-degaty-vocals