Pages: 1 ... 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LARRIVEE FORUM T-SHIRT ORDER THREAD !!!  (Read 29104 times)
SMan
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: April 05, 2015, 08:49:22 PM »

I have plenty of forum T's in the closet and would be out this time.

Steve ....aka the SMan
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: April 06, 2015, 03:12:03 PM »

I have plenty of forum T's in the closet and would be out this time.

Since I have 6 Larrivee shirts at this time, I'd be out, too, unless it was an interesting new design (or was a regular denim or polo shirt instead of a T-shirt this time).

Designs using any Larrivee logo, would, I believe, need the approval of the Larrivee's...

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
eded
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: April 06, 2015, 03:23:08 PM »

Designs using any Larrivee logo, would, I believe, need the approval of the Larrivee's...

I bet "the usual suspects" would help out with that if the rest was together. 

It takes a fair amount of work to get things coordinated...  get people to agree on what they want, find a vendor, arrange quantities of sizes, colors, styles, etc, put out the chunk of $$ or collect ahead of time, arrange shipping, etc.

All that said, I'd most likely be out of this go round.

Ed
tpoint

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: April 06, 2015, 06:45:59 PM »

I'm thinking, per approval, the Celtic JCL logo by itself on anything other than a black shirt would sell plenty. I'd take a couple
USNavySeniorChief

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: April 06, 2015, 10:59:36 PM »

I'm in! Just keep us posted on the design. Last weekend I ran across Matt out in town while I was wearing my Collings T shirt, it was to say the least.. Awkward.

"Guitars are meant to be played not dis-played."
USNavySeniorChief

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: April 06, 2015, 11:12:04 PM »

Maybe a shirt with their current label?

Queequeg
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: April 07, 2015, 12:49:33 AM »

I'm in! Just keep us posted on the design. Last weekend I ran across Matt out in town while I was wearing my Collings T shirt, it was to say the least.. Awkward.

Collings?
Never heard of 'em. 

JamesN

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: April 07, 2015, 12:56:09 AM »

That'll add at least a month to your build.  bigrin
broKen
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: April 07, 2015, 01:04:55 AM »

I may have to get in on the next purchase. I'm not picky, anything Larrivee will suite me fine. Reckon someone will have to stand up to the plate. Anyone???  

A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing
The cost of living is...life
USNavySeniorChief

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: April 07, 2015, 01:16:35 AM »

That'll add at least a month to your build.  bigrin
Ouch! More reason for me to get a forum shirt!

B0WIE
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: April 07, 2015, 06:06:55 AM »

Maybe a shirt with their current label?

I'd be down for that.  That design between the shoulder blades would look nice.  V-neck is 'in' right now though I imagine that would limit our # of interested participants much more than a crew.
I'd like it to be a decent material and cut.  Would be a shame to do this a and have it on a boxy, cheap shirt.

D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #271 on: April 07, 2015, 07:33:40 AM »

The biggest roadblock is always the same:   getting enough members to agree on a design, style, color(s) etc.   If there are not enough orders, the cost per shirt is just too high.    I have headed up the first two forum t-shirt projects and was responsible for processing orders, getting them made, collecting the money,  and shipping the shirts to everyone who placed an order.
I can tell you that it is way more work than you can imagine to keep all this straight and make sure everyone gets the right size, color, etc. and that they are shipped properly worldwide.
You should also know that we cannot use the Larrivee logo without written permission from the Larrivee family which I did obtain for the previous shirt projects.  Remember that these are not Larrivee guitar shirts.... they are Larrivee forum shirts.  We are not in competition with the Larrivee company for product sales. 

It seems like there is some interest in doing another order.   But I don't see much agreement on any of the details at this point.  Hash it out.   Come up with some sort of agreement on what you want and I will again volunteer to take on the task of getting the artwork, getting necessary approvals,  and producing samples for those who are interested.   As I recall you will need to have about 36 or more shirts ordered in order to keep the cost per shirt under $20. 

The first shirts which had the Larrivee label on the back and the Larrivee logo on the front were, in my opinion, very classy.  The last ones were also nice and offered several colors.
At one time the idea of a hoodie was thrown out.  That can be done but they are more expensive and not appealing to the majority of those who would otherwise go for a regular tshirt.

T the P

Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: April 07, 2015, 02:46:14 PM »

Lynn,

Very good of you to offer to step up to the plate again (IF anything can be decided/agreed upon...)

And, yeah, we're not really going into "hoodie" season right now...or long sleeve, collared shirt season. That, or a polo, might interest me.

I don't know if there are any Larrivee shirts or hats available right now from other vendors, like Cherokee (that's where I got my first shirt, hat, key chain, strap, picks...)  rolleye

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: April 07, 2015, 03:00:08 PM »

I'm thinking, per approval, the Celtic JCL logo by itself on anything other than a black shirt would sell plenty. I'd take a couple

I can't read the front of my 40th anniversary shirt anymore so I would go for the Celtic logo but I liked the original  black.

The New label looks cool too.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: April 08, 2015, 07:44:13 PM »

I know this would probably not fly, but I'll throw it out there. One of Jean's sons has a JCL tattoo on his arm, it's the Celtic type lettering I believe and its high up on his shoulder.
   So how about a Larrivee logo 0n the back and a JCL on the right shoulder?  whistling

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
JamesN

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: April 08, 2015, 09:54:38 PM »

I know this would probably not fly, but I'll throw it out there. One of Jean's sons has a JCL tattoo on his arm, it's the Celtic type lettering I believe and its high up on his shoulder.
   So how about a Larrivee logo 0n the back and a JCL on the right shoulder?  whistling

You mean on the shoulder of the shirt? Or do we all have to get tattoos?  bigrin
B0WIE
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: April 08, 2015, 10:31:43 PM »

You mean on the shoulder of the shirt? Or do we all have to get tattoos?  bigrin
I'm guessing he meant the sleeve, which is a pretty stylish thing lately. I'd greatly prefer that design on the sleeve vs the breast pocket area, which is less in favor right now.

D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.
USNavySeniorChief

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: April 09, 2015, 07:39:32 AM »

Here's a better illustration on the new label suggestion for the shirt. (Just to get the ideas flowing.)

USNavySeniorChief

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: April 09, 2015, 07:51:58 AM »

Here's one with a silver logo design.

USNavySeniorChief

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: April 09, 2015, 08:08:37 AM »

T shirt front?

Pages: 1 ... 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up