Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Set neck Goldtop Tele  (Read 1487 times)
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« on: February 11, 2013, 06:34:18 PM »

Well even though I'm sure I don't need it I'm going to be working out payments for a MIK Fender Tele with a set neck.Its a goldtop modal and I promise to post pix soon.Right now its apart as one of the pu's that are in it died and the other is a humbucker.My plans are to order up a pair of Fralin P92's which I'll have built to early 50's Gibson P90 spec's.These are a split single coil pu that fits into a humbucker route.I had thought of going with a pair of Matthew's mini's but then I'd have to build something that would allow me to mount them in a humbucker route and I'm just not in the mood to do say.That doesn't mean I might not change my mind what little I have left of it.

Like I said pix to follow soon.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 07:28:48 PM »

gotpics?

OM03PA
Favorite saying
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 01:39:23 AM »

Hi, OK, this is the link to the set neck tele I had.
It also had a push pull volume for coil tap.
The Gold Looks nice though.

http://www.fender.com/en-CA/series/special-edition/special-edition-custom-telecaster-fmt-hh-rosewood-fingerboard-amber/

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
 Too few brain cells to be bothered with...
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 01:41:34 AM »

i guess they come red too!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Fender-Telecaster-Tele-FMT-HH-BODY-NECK-BRIDGE-Flame-Top-Red-Transparent-/360479676945?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item53ee435a11&_uhb=1

Like over 50?

Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 02:16:52 AM »

These should be very similar in tone and feel to the RS-4: set neck hog body and neck, two humbuckers and Fender scale length. That's a nice combo!

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 02:30:50 AM »

These should be very similar in tone and feel to the RS-4: set neck hog body and neck, two humbuckers and Fender scale length. That's a nice combo!

With all due respect, not by a country mile. I have 4 telecasters, The FMT HH model I posted the link to (not uncrobs) I sold a while ago.
There is no comparison, to my knowledge, of any guitar to an RS4. It is simply the best, and possible the most under rated guitar made.
If there were Grammys awarded for best guitar design and concept, Matt Larrivee would surely be deserving of one.
None of my other guitars (several) can come any where near the RS4 with regards to depth, harmonic overtones, feel, perfect weight and balance.
I think it's a classic case of the whole being actually greater than the sum of it's parts....

sorry to be so vague about my opinion on the RS4   

Like over 50?

Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 03:08:10 AM »

drool Love the trans red one,the natural is pretty cool too.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 02:26:35 AM »

Well sent my check out to Fralin last week and now I await a pair of custom wound P92's.P92's are P90 that are split to fit into a humbucker spacing.Neck will be 6.1 or so ohms and the bridge will be around 7 ohms.They will be low output but will have strange clarity and good note separation.I would have gone with a set of Larrivee's humbuckers but I'm just a P90 junkie...

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 02:28:33 AM »

Well sent my check out to Fralin last week and now I await a pair of custom wound P92's.P92's are P90 that are split to fit into a humbucker spacing.Neck will be 6.1 or so ohms and the bridge will be around 7 ohms.They will be low output but will have strange clarity and good note separation.I would have gone with a set of Larrivee's humbuckers but I'm just a P90 junkie...

nothing wrong with being a P90 junkie.
 I still have my walnut tele body (and all the parts, sitting in my shop waiting for assembly.

Looks like I'm gonna need a saddle assembly, whammy bar and the not holder down thingy for that older rs4 I just got.
 trying to find any kind of info on those guitars, if you know of any, let me know, thanks.

Like over 50?

Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 12:34:25 AM »

Got the pu's in last night,installed them today.Did something a little different instead of putting the hotter of the pu's in the bridge position I put it in the neck position since I play the neck pu the most.So far its the best experiment I've done.It give's the neck a tad bit of growl when pushed which I love the note separation is as good as what I  get from my Bakersfield pu and even with the growl the clarity of the single note's when bending is smoother and more noticeable and the chords are so much fuller.The lower ohm in the bridge is so clean and there are no harsh tone's.I have set the pu's  more into the body with just a smig of the neck pu showing above the the pu ring and the bridge pu is double the height of the neck pu but equal distant from the bottom of the strings.I hoping to get a chance to run it thru my Princeton reverb for the true test of usability but it does sound great thru my Champ 12 which is the same wattage but it runs on EL84's and I really love the tone 6V6's.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 01:03:01 AM »

cool, interesting thing to do with the pups.
Maybe I'll try that with mine when I get to it.

My Vix takes El84's but my Deluxe takes 6V6's, nice to have both.

now I gotta get that old eighties RS4 figured out.

Like over 50?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: