Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sounds from my recent Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue purchase  (Read 601 times)
rockstar_not
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: January 29, 2013, 02:26:40 PM »

Time for sound - Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue into Guitar Rig - using 7 of the 9 pup combos.  If you have 13 minutes to spare (roughly 30s in each of the 7 positions, for each of the 3 sound clips.

One set of takes with these pup configs:
1. Neck, HB tapped
2. Neck HB
3. Neck HB tapped/middle
4. Middle SC
5. Middle SC/Bridge HB tapped
6. Tail HB tapped
7. Tail HB.

There are two more combos, switch positions 2 and 4 with the HB on full, rather than tapped.  These positions sound more like the Neck and Tail HBs and when I try them, I simply am not that interested in the tone. 

Tone set to 10, volume set to 10. Same playing through all three amp sim settings (re-amped internal to the DAW).  All 3 groups have minimal effects, just what is internal to the amp sim amp models, last one with a shade of chorus per the preset for 'sultans of swing'.

First group: With a Fender somewhat clean amp sim.
http://rockstarnot.rekkerd.org/fawm2013/Nighthawk%20In%20Review%20Twang%20Reverb%20.mp3

Second group: Re-amped into a moderate/light Plexi 800 setting:
http://rockstarnot.rekkerd.org/fawm2013/Nighthawk%20In%20Review%20800%20lite%20crunch.mp3

Third group: Re-amped into the Guitar Rig Sultans of Swing setting:
http://rockstarnot.rekkerd.org/fawm2013/Nighthawk%20In%20Review%20Sultans%20setting.mp3

I love this guitar.  Light.  Versatile.  Beautiful.

Sold my MIM Fat Strat yesterday.  No need for it any longer.

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF

My Sound Cloud
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 03:12:56 PM »

Way cool stuff.Enjoy it BUT you must be warned that even when you think you've got the perfect electric guitar.....at some point.........{EVIL LAUGH}...........G.A.S. will come around and say all sorts of things in your ear..........BRRRAAAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA...........

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
rockstar_not
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 06:58:22 PM »

Way cool stuff.Enjoy it BUT you must be warned that even when you think you've got the perfect electric guitar.....at some point.........{EVIL LAUGH}...........G.A.S. will come around and say all sorts of things in your ear..........BRRRAAAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA...........

Oh, I'm aware of that.  It's why I have to say things to myself before entering any guitar shop - it really doesn't matter to me which shop - "Remember, the little white envelope at home has only xx$ in it, for yy purchase".

I first played one of these at a Best Buy store near the airport in New Orleans last February.  Yes, a Best Buy.  I had been doing some geocaching to pass time, waiting for the Mardi Gras parade mayhem to clear out of downtown so I could get to my hotel (it was that day!), and there was a geocache on the roof of this Best Buy store - parking was on the roof.  It was still early in the evening so I went inside and this Best Buy has a miniature, understaffed music store in the corner - with a single booth practice/demo room that had a big ol' Line 6 Head and 4 x 12 cabinet.  One electric guitar in the whole place - one of these Nighthawk custom reissues.  I played that thing for at least 1/2 hour - loving every minute.

I didn't know whether it was the guitar/amp combo or the guitar that gave so much tonal variety.  Turns out, it was pretty much the guitar and pup combos.

Here's my next GAS purchase and it's purely aesthetic at present:  http://www.eastwoodguitars.com/eastwood-contest/  I love that it looks like they took this guitar from a Flintstones episode and brought it to life.  Something about it just has me jones'ing for it.

Enter the contest, maybe you'll win!

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF

My Sound Cloud
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 07:03:54 PM »

Though the only thing I have ever won was the love of my wife I entered anyway you never know.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 06:36:42 AM »

I took the 13 mins.  Great, well crafted demo.  I agree there is a lot of versatility all in that one guitar.

Thanks.

Kurt

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: