Vintage Larrivée 80´s telecaster style model

Started by darnelli, January 23, 2013, 02:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi Dear Larrivée lovers and musicians.

I´m new here and to be honest, didn´t know there was a Larrivée forum until a few days ago.  :wacko:  :doh  :whistling:

Just wanted to start my first post with my Larrivée darling.
Vintage Larrivée 80´s telecaster style model with neck through.

Just learned from a  Larrivée master dealer in Sweden that this is probably made 1987.
But he never told me how many or how few of them there are out in the world.

This is the story about that guy.

http://larrivee-electrics.org/index.php/ct-menu-item-49/ct-menu-item-53

Have surfed around for weeks but honestly just found one Telecaster model from 80`s, and that´s
the one Kee Marcello used on tour with Europe during the 80:s. Think that guitar was yellow or white, not sure.

But I haven´t found any model with almost metallic blue color as this one.

This guitar is all original with original Floyd Rose and EMG 81 & 85.

Would be glad to hear from someone with the same model and or if someone knows someone
who has the same model.
And also if someone knows how many of this telecaster style´s was made with EMG and original Floyd Rose

Here´s small movie I recorded with this beauty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2BfFT_--qc         :beer

Nice playing and literature! I had an inkling that Larrivee's were big in Sweden, but that fills in the blanks... Hockey stick headstock... beauty score! :beer

(you're going to hear it about the lack of coffee and donuts, so give the forum rules a read over)
OM-03R 2008 Twelfth Fret SE 5/12
LSV-03R 2009 Forum III 55/78

This guy has been playing guitar since the Roman Empire was at high peak.  :guitar
Very wellknown Swedish guitar player, played with Abba among others.

Think he has an very expensive old Les Paul, but always play with his Larrivée. To be honest, never seen him play anything else for the last
10 or 15 years.

His name i Janne Schaffer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5_DmWPiyR8

Sorry guys!  :crying:
I haven't offered you donuts in my  first post. Here comes some larger  donuts.

Sooner or later ducktrapper will phone in here and show you his Larrivee "tele" from the 80's. I believe his has one pickup, and is sort of gun-metal grey in color.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Beautiful RT-2!  :drool:  The color is iroc blue.  RT's aren't common.  Very nice find.

:nice guitar:

Mine is an LT-1.  It has an EMG active humbucker and a Kahler tremolo.

Seek perfection of character!
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!
Refrain from violent deeds!

Ahhh!

Nice LT-1 you got.

To be honest, I never liked the telecaster model, before I got my Larrivée.
Thought it was too much "country" style. Maybe because I tried  Fender Telecasters with too fat  maple neck.
Wasn´t really my cup of tea. :yak:

Now I just love that style. Maybe because I think my Larrivée is the best guitar I´ve been playing with.
And I have tried at least 80 different guitars during the last 25 years.

Quote from: Mikeymac on January 23, 2013, 10:16:15 PM
Sooner or later ducktrapper will phone in here and show you his Larrivee "tele" from the 80's. I believe his has one pickup, and is sort of gun-metal grey in color.

It'll be later. I have no access to my computer just my wife's laptop here on vacation. Similar guitar except it's black, bolt on neck, one uncovered pup and one knob. They don't come any simpler. It's one of the guitars I'm keeping. Nasty little beast and a real player! Unlike myself.  :laughin:

Oh nice tele, by the way. Wish I had one like it.  :beer

Quote from: ducktrapper on January 24, 2013, 08:03:03 AM
It'll be later. I have no access to my computer just my wife's laptop here on vacation. Similar guitar except it's black, bolt on neck, one uncovered pup and one knob. They don't come any simpler. It's one of the guitars I'm keeping. Nasty little beast and a real player! Unlike myself.  :laughin:

Oh nice tele, by the way. Wish I had one like it.  :beer

Looking forward to see your little beast!  :cheers

cool stuff darnelli, thanks for stirring this up! Cool that someone so high profile as Schaffer is still playing his 25 yr old Larrivée as his regular guitar.

I almost scored a LT-1 like cybercannon's a few years back, very reasonable price. If I knew then, what I know now, I'd have worked a bit harder at it. 
It is never too late to be what you might have been. - Eliot

2004 LV-03/Fishman Ellipse
2010 RS-2/G3 'buckers

honorable mentions: Heritage 535, Bourgeois/Washburn D55 "Cherokee"

Quote from: Tio Kimo on January 24, 2013, 09:58:41 AM
cool stuff darnelli, thanks for stirring this up! Cool that someone so high profile as Schaffer is still playing his 25 yr old Larrivée as his regular guitar.

I almost scored a LT-1 like cybercannon's a few years back, very reasonable price. If I knew then, what I know now, I'd have worked a bit harder at it.  

Thanks man!
and yes, Schaffer probably has that guitar in bed, almost.
Never seen him without that guitar lately.

Think we all have made mistakes not buying some guitars we could afford to buy.
I, for example have had a Les PAul J.r 56 original in Mint Condition, SG 62 with paff humbuckers, all original, stratocaster 62, all original.
But at some time back in early 80´s those kind of guitars was almost worthless, because everyone wanted hard rock guitars like JAckson.
So I can say, I did stupid things and sold those guitars very cheap.  :crying: :crying: :crying:

When I saw this Larrivee a few months ago, a guy sold it without knowing what rare piece he had, I just did the deal within minutes.
No hesitations.

Quote from: Tio Kimo on January 24, 2013, 09:58:41 AM

My LT-1 is incredible. People don't like the bird of prey headstock. I don't get it.

Well not exactly what you are seeking but will show a couple of mine anyway  :blush:

:welcome: BTW
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Thanks!  :cheers

Very nice guitars!

The blue one looks like a very serious piece Njaam, njaaam .!!  :arrow
What humbucker is it?

I just got today some information from Jean Larrivée Guitars USA

My Larrivée was made on January 22 , 1988.

Nice.  I´m just sorry they didn´t give me information how many of this guitars
with this iroc blue color, emg and floyd rose was made.

Would love to knwo the exact number of items made.

An identical brother to your guitar was also made on January 22, 1988, except in yellow.  As I said before,  RT's are not very common.
Seek perfection of character!
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!
Refrain from violent deeds!

Ahhhh! That`s so cool.   :thumbsup

I must admit, those guys at Larrivée guitars was pretty fast.

They gave med feedback within 5 hours.

One small cool thing.
Yesterday here in Sweden I met a guy who bought my Charvel Model 6 from 1986.
He saw my Larrivée RT-2, tested it, and offered me 15.000 sek instantly. That´s like 2300 usd.
I could probably have asked for 20.000 sek, and he would accept.
But I turned it down. The money is not an issue. I don´t wanna sell the best guitar I have.  :cheers

It´s still easy to find this Charvel Guitars model 6, but to find this kind of beauty, think it`s almost impossible.

Here's my LT-1, as promised.

Aaa! Cool guitar. :thumbsup

Is it Kahler tremolo? What pickup is it?

Quote from: darnelli on February 06, 2013, 11:20:32 AM
Aaa! Cool guitar. :thumbsup

Is it Kahler tremolo? What pickup is it?

No tremolo. Larrivee pup. JCL hand wound at the kitchen table according to Matt Larrivee. Very hot. Neck to die for. This guitar is deadly in the proper hands. In mine, it's merely slightly dangerous.  :cheers

Quote from: ducktrapper on February 06, 2013, 02:18:26 PM
In mine, it's merely slightly dangerous.  :cheers
:laughin:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)