RS-4 Goldtop - FINAL DROP $900

Started by calvin006, January 14, 2013, 08:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I love this guitar but I have a rare chance at a vintage piece and need to fund it.  This guitar was built on 06/23/2009 and features the wonderful Larrivee pickups.  It's in great condition, with the only major flaw being a light scratch across the fretboard at the 7th fret.  There is also a tiny ding on the bass side of the headstock.  I can provide pictures of these on request.

Asking $1200 $1100 $1000 $900 plus shipping ($45), or pickup in Durham, NC.  Includes original hard case.  Here are some beauty shots:

Bump for price drop.

I have a potential local buyer, but wanted to give the forum members one more shot before she's gone.

OK, another bump for another price drop.  Shipping will be just $45 via UPS ground.

Final price drop.  Someone pick this beauty up for a great price!

Hi, I would be interested in talking about your RS-4 goldtop. Looks like a great guitar! Please contact me through this forum. I'm new to LF so.....????? Let me know. What year, pickups, etc....

Thanks,

Steve

Steve, I just sent you a PM.

The goldtop is still available, as I was waiting on a buyer that fell through.  I've since made a couple recordings of the guitar, played through my 1951 Fender Deluxe.  Wanted to bump the post and share them here: https://soundcloud.com/neonaudio/sets/rs4

There are two recordings, the first one is all the guitar controls dimed, cycling through the pickup postions which I call out.  The 2nd file is one of my favorite settings: the middle position with the neck volume rolled off a bit, tone wide open.  The amp is set to that nice "on the verge" area where playing dynamics will send it into distortion.  I find the low output pickups (one of the early Larrivee designs) are especially great for this kind of interplay with the amp.  I should also mention that it's strung up with DR Hi-Beams, which are meant to be bright, and this adds a little more presence in the high end.  Regular strings would make for a warmer sound.  Just a mic, the guitar, and an amp here.

Is your guitar still available? Thanks. 

Yes, I'd also like to know if this gtr. is still available......

Sorry for the delayed response guys... yes, the guitar is still available.