Any Lancasters "out there" yet?

Started by Mikeymac, January 06, 2013, 11:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just curious - don't remember seeing anyone post that they have one yet...

...I doubt I'm in the market for one any time soon; I'm trying to thin my electric herd a bit, which is difficult to do in this economy (and when you really like most of your guitars!).

My next major investment will be a Larrivee C-09 with some custom options ... but that is probably a year or two down the road yet (yep, economy again).

So, if you have a Lancaster, post pics and a review.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Not much, but there was a thread on The Gear Page where Larrivee electrics came up.  One guy mentioned that he had one, and liked it so much he was buying another.  That's all I've got.  Wish I could see one in action.
Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18

Just gotta make this do in the mean time  :blush:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on January 07, 2013, 01:12:53 PM
Just gotta make this do in the mean time  :blush:

Okay, now, Andrew - you can't do that to us! You gotta give us some info as well - when was it made, how does it play, how does that Kahler trem work?

SUPER   :nice guitar:

Thats a Spyder trem by Kahler and about the best of all the super trems made!!!! They don't go out of tune if you break a string,nor does the hole system need to be resetup everytime you change the strings...... :nice guitar:
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

not yet but i am looking!! i had a Larrivee DR03 and loved it, just purchased an RS 2 with Larrivee humbuckers and it is amazing... the lancaster looks nice, has anyone played it?

Quote from: bradyfry on January 31, 2013, 08:31:18 PM
... the lancaster looks nice, has anyone played it?

Not yet, but as an owner of the Bakersfield, the RS-4 and the RS-2, I can say it should be pretty awesome.  :thumb

Quote from: Mikeymac on February 02, 2013, 12:38:39 PM
Not yet, but as an owner of the Bakersfield, the RS-4 and the RS-2, I can say it should be pretty awesome.  :thumb
:+1:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

So ... still, no one has laid hands on a Lancaster around here? Cybercanyon/Mike? Andrew?

If the economy (and my personal economy) wasn't so pathetic, I'd be selling a couple guitars, just so I could own one of these. No, I don't need it, but I love my other Larrivees - they're the best production guitars I've owned.

The Lancaster and a customized C-09 acoustic are the two Larrivees I'll definitely purchase someday...

I am still looking, however I have a few possibilities. I just paid off my OO ziricote from Wildwood Music so I have to save up again for my Lancaster.
Seek perfection of character!
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!
Refrain from violent deeds!

Quote from: Cybercanyon on February 19, 2013, 03:31:45 AM
I am still looking, however I have a few possibilities. I just paid off my OO ziricote from Wildwood Music so I have to save up again for my Lancaster.

Oooo, that 00 sounds like a   :nice guitar:

:gotpics:

I am very ill.  I won't be able to take pics till I get better.
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!

I don't think Lancaster's have even made it to the UK yet.
Larrivee RS4, G&L Legacy, Sigma DM1ST, Larrivee Bakersfield (en route), Cornford Roadhouse 50.
Lots of drums.....

Quote from: Cybercanyon on February 19, 2013, 03:31:45 AM
Sorry to hijack this thread but can we see a photo of that zircote 00?
Who knows; might get nominated for GOTM...
just sayin'
OK back to your original thread topic.

Quote from: Queequeg on March 04, 2013, 07:39:28 PM
just sayin'

We need a thread for nominations, hint hint.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: Queequeg on March 04, 2013, 07:39:28 PM
just sayin'

Sorry, been out of town again.  I will post pics on another thread when I get back.

Mike
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!

Quote from: Walkerman on March 04, 2013, 06:54:25 PM
http://www.guitaradoptions.com/larrivee-lancaster-electric-guitar-in-shoreline-gold.html

OK....one is for sale

I have been in touch with the folks at this store, and they have indicated to me I can choose any lancaster I want from the Larrivee forum, and they will get it to me, (for a very good price) I think I mentioned this before.

I've decided to get rid of a few guitars before I make another purchase at this point....
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Very cool - I've always wanted to "build" a Strat with some lipstick pickups - I currently have a Warmoth Strat that might benefit from a set...  :?

I think the Larrivee's modern body style makes me still lean toward an HSS pickup set up - when I can finally afford one!  :wacko: