Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Lyric Mic System from LR Baggs  (Read 16037 times)
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 07:39:03 PM »

Sometime in Feb.I plan on playing it at a few gigs and do some recording with it and I will also be recording with a mic for better comparison.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
rockstar_not
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 07:58:29 PM »

Last dvd I saw of JT he had some outlandish mount for a mic near the soundhole.  Dougie MacLean also uses some sort of "coathanger" mount for a mic as well.  Wouldn't it be great to have something like that with a decent sounding mic to move from guitar to guitar easily??  Anybody know what they use?

Some kind of thing like this:  http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-203392545/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=bar+clamp&storeId=10051#.UO3Ls2dCN8E but lightweight and limited in clamp strength!

-Scott

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF

My Sound Cloud
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2013, 01:14:27 AM »

James Taylor use's some sort of piece of wood taped to the guitar with the mic mount to it.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
GGBB

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2013, 07:49:18 PM »

Well, it's hit the online stores at $199 - same price as the Anthem SL.  Interesting.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LyricPU/
http://elderly.com/new_instruments/items/LYRIC1.htm

Gord

Larrivée C-09 | DeArmond M-75 | Squier '51 (modified) | Ibanez AF105 | Takamine EF360SC | Yamaha BBG5S (modified) | Rockbass Corvette Classic 5 Active
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2013, 03:39:46 PM »

So guitar pickup makers are mimicking cell phone manufacturers? (again?) Multiple models with no significant difference? Am I fishing for a bruising here?

I'll let you know once I get one and compair it to the Anthem SL.Each player hears something different from different pu's.Thats why there are so many.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
GGBB

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2013, 03:56:01 PM »

Unlike cell phone models sometimes, there is an obvious difference between these two.  The Anthem SL is two pickups - a mic and an undersaddle - whereas the Lyric is just a mic.  But the fact that they are the same price confuses me.  What are they saying - that the two are equal but different?  Or that the Lyric is better but it costs the same because it is simpler and therefore cheaper to manufacture)?  And since the full Anthem is another $100 more, does that mean it is superior or are you just paying for extra features?

I wish there was a good A-B test out there somewhere.  The Doug Young samples of the Lyric sound good, but his Anthem samples sound like they have way too much undersaddle mixed in (and they are in different guitars).

Gord

Larrivée C-09 | DeArmond M-75 | Squier '51 (modified) | Ibanez AF105 | Takamine EF360SC | Yamaha BBG5S (modified) | Rockbass Corvette Classic 5 Active
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2013, 05:33:56 PM »

The Anthem does have more features it has a volumn,pu mix and phase.The Anthem SL give's you a volumn and a screw adjustment for the mix.As for the Lyric I'll let you know what features it has.I will try to figure out a way to post a recording.There will be a difference though,I have no plans of removing the Anthem SL from my Guild JF30 but what I will do if I can is record it with an external mic then with the AnthemSL.As for the Lyric I will do the same thing,problem being which guitar do I put it in.My main guitar is my LS10 with an active Ibeam and I have become very comfy with the amplified sound.That leaves me with my OM03PA which has the GHS A137 in right now or my Guild D25 which still has my Hot Dot from the 70's in it that still works.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
dberch
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2013, 06:16:13 PM »

Rob, I've heard that placement for the Lyric is not as important as other pickups.  You could try putting it behind the bridge pins, and just run the cord out the sound hole.  Might work OK for a comparison test.....

So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2013, 08:02:00 PM »

Not a bad idea,I will double check with Baggs.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
dberch
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2013, 02:45:18 PM »

Beter yet, just stick it on top of the K&Ks !

So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2013, 08:00:41 PM »

OK just got a call from Baggs my Lyric is on the way.As for mounting it on the top I don't thing you can hear the same responce and feel it will be best mounted the way it will be used.Again I will try and record sample's and post them.The plan if it works out is to record the Guild thru a mic and then record it using the Anthem SL letting you decide and compair.I still haven't decided which guitar the Lyric is going in so I think I will keep that a suprise. whistling

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: