Larrivee 00 hog back and sides with Italian Alpine spruce top what pick up

Started by bkg, December 30, 2012, 03:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi I am getting a larrivee 00 and cant decide what pick up to get was thinking of a K&K pure mini western passive any help much appreciated   :donut :donut :donut

bkg...  :welcome:

I have installed these in a couple of my guitars... be sure to get 15mm piezos.  They work great at reproducing the actual sound of your acoustic.  Great customer service, too... 

http://www.jjb-electronics.com/index.html

So, tell us about your OO..... what woods, where did you get it...all the juicy details!!!

I got a OO from Wildwood in Oct, 2012...  I could not be more pleased... Mine's a OO-03RW w/alpine spruce top... going to install a set of Thomas-Infield Spectrum strings (BS12's) the next time they need changed.  I also got a bone saddle ready to install.  I only change "one" thing at a time so I can judge how that "one" thing effects the guitar.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine... bobw... :guitar

Congrats on the guitar! Hook us up with some pics when you get it! I have a lr baggs m80 in the mail that I'm gonna try out in my O-60. I have a lr baggs vtc in my d-60 that works well.
in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60

Though I suspect the JJB is functionally the same (and probably the same elements) as the K&K, I've had good results with the K&K for a long time.  I'd go with one or the other.

Ed

yep, thanks all I thought the K&K would be OK will post some pics if I can when I get it :donut :donut :donut