Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K&K trinity mini question  (Read 605 times)
wanttoplay

Ignore
« on: December 22, 2012, 04:14:24 AM »

I had a trinity mini installed  in my new L03 R and was wondering do I need to buy the K&K preamp or is there any other options that may be cheaper that is as good?

2008 Martin D 18
2008 Taylor GC 5
2012 Larrivee L03R Deluxe
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 07:19:34 AM »

If your amp has a preamp you don't need the optional preamp unless you want to control EQ away from the amp, or you need a DI XLR output to a mixing board. Not sure you will find anything less expensive than the K&K preamp that has the right impedance.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
wanttoplay

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 10:09:10 AM »

Ok I thought I needed it just to make it work. So buying the preamp will not make it sound any better through my amp ?

2008 Martin D 18
2008 Taylor GC 5
2012 Larrivee L03R Deluxe
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 01:36:04 PM »

The Trinity I have in my Eastman came with the Pure mini, a mic and the dual channel belt clip Pre Amp. The two sources are operated with a stereo 1/4" jack-cable from the guitar into the pre-amp from where the two channels are blended separately.

I honestly can't see how it will work with a different brand pre-amp. Ok with some modification I guess anything is possible but I would much rather just get the K&K pre-amp which is perfectly matched for that setup.

Oh and it works just fine!

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 02:20:36 AM »

I'm sorry, I miss-read the title, I thought we were talking about the Pure mini.  Zohn is correct, the Trinity mini comes with the preamp included.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: