Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In Search of a Good Luthier for Repairs - Durham Region, Ontario.  (Read 678 times)
RJM

Ignore
« on: November 24, 2012, 10:19:02 PM »

Greetings fellow Larrivee players.  I have a gorgeous 2000 L-04 that I'm afraid requires the expertise of a good repair technician or luthier.   Perhaps others have had a similar problem.  The fingerboard at the neck joint to the sound-hole has lifted somewhat, ie. can slip the width of a piece of paper under it. Also I believe the spruce top may have cracked
beneath the sound-hole.  Yikes. just traded for this guitar but didn't notice this problem.  Can anyone share any similar experiences and what the luthier did to fix it, and I'd be grateful if readers from Durham Region, Ontario could suggest a skilled and reliable luthier.  Go Argos!!  Rob
Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 10:56:35 PM »

Can you add some pics of these issues?  I am sure you could at least get some more specific feedback on how to proceed.
abalone at last

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 02:15:29 AM »

...place your guitar in its case with a guitar humidifier....in the case as recomended by the manufacturer. Twelfth Fret in Toronto isnt too far away if you require hands on help.

2002 LV-05

PRS semi hollow electric
GGBB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 09:55:08 PM »

I can personally recommend Brian Mascarin.  He's based in Brampton, so I don't know if he services your neck of the woods but he does seem to travel around quite a bit.  You could always call him and find out. 416-787-1531.

Gord

Larrivée C-09 | DeArmond M-75 | Squier '51 (modified) | Ibanez AF105 | Takamine EF360SC | Yamaha BBG5S (modified) | Rockbass Corvette Classic 5 Active
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: