backing tracks?

Started by johnr, December 20, 2012, 11:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hey guys;if wanted to get into doing backing tracks for playing out ;where do i start? is there anyway to do this REAL EASY? thanks!

Quote from: johnr on December 20, 2012, 11:03:19 AM
hey guys;if wanted to get into doing backing tracks for playing out ;where do i start? is there anyway to do this REAL EASY? thanks!

funny you should ask, in the electric forum under "what pedals are you using", somebody posted the link to this. Although it's not my thing, personally, it looks pretty darn cool....

http://www.tc-helicon.com/products/voicelive-play-gtx/
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

thanks headsup! but thats not exactly what i had in mind.i guess i'm want to make my own backing tracks.                                                         

I don't know about 'real easy', but there are several options:

PG Music makes a product called 'Band In A Box' with a complimentary product called 'Real Band' that if you supply a chord chart (typed in) and the style in which you want the chart to be played out.  http://www.pgmusic.com/  Some convincing music can be generated with these products.

A totally different option is to buy the backing tracks.  Many different sources for these.  Simply google search 'High Quality Backing Tracks'.

-Scott
2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud

You could buy a simple loop station but you may not be interested in that route either beings that you werent interested in the helicon.

Garageband, a program that comes standard on a mac cpu, may be another option. You could go in and pre-record the backing tracks and run your cpu through the system.
in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60

hi rockstar; is there a free demo of biab?dont wanna buy it yet if my brain cant handle all the info....? thanks!

Quote from: johnr on December 22, 2012, 06:59:09 AM
hi rockstar; is there a free demo of biab?dont wanna buy it yet if my brain cant handle all the info....? thanks!

I think so - not sure.  It's not going to be an easy entry into this whole world of PC recording - just an FYI.  Very helpful forum, but unless you are really ready to go after doing this, I would suggest buying from one of the Karaoke sites or other.
2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud