Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Acoustic Amp  (Read 8251 times)
AtlasHeating

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2013, 12:44:46 AM »

Acoustic amps are not the same as a PA system.
I just purchased a Fishman Loudbox 100 (used) and I am amazed at the sound quality. It is different than a straight sound system, and much different than a keyboard amp.
This amp makes any of my pickups sound good. I can even make the KK pure western in my Larrivee sound good. (It does not sound good through a PA system, or a regular amp.)
I realize all amps are not equal so this Fishman is the exception, but I am impressed.
bluesman67
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2013, 01:19:06 AM »

Loudbox sounds best to me! What a great little amp. Its really the ultimate solo amp.

bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte
Thrakazog

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2013, 08:59:17 AM »

I pretty much just play for my own enjoyment, nowadays. But my father's girlfriend has a huge family that like to have large outdoor get togethers/party/BBQ's all the time. They often have one or more people playing at the events.

When I choose to participate, I'll bring my K&K Pure Mini equipped Larrivee, Ultrasound DI Plus pre-amp, and Phil Jones CUB AG-100 Amp.
RJM

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2013, 12:21:07 AM »

At home I never play plugged in.  Not even the best acoustic amp can reproduce the quality of sound you are used
to hearing.  However when playing in venues of larger dimensions than the typical living room amplification is usually
required for your audience to receive the sound.  I use an Ultrasound 100 which produces a very realistic sound and
has some very nice effects, though I usually use only a few from time to time.  RJM
bluesman67
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2013, 02:04:34 AM »

Yeah if you're plugging in at home you just need put down the acoustic and play an electric!

bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte
longlaketech

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2013, 02:05:10 AM »

I use my Roland AC-60 all the time for house party type situations. Sounds great. Would like try a loudbox sometime, but think I would go with a portable PA if I 'upgrade'.

Life is too short to play crappy guitars....

Larrivee OM-40 RW w. LR Baggs Lyric
Larrivee LV-02
Roland AC-60
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: