Tone-Rite

Started by Queequeg, November 20, 2012, 03:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the years there has been a lot of debate here and elsewhere about the virtues or the lack there-of of the ToneRite.
I'm not looking to argue one way or the other about it today. I will leave that to others.
However, if you have been thinking about getting one, here's a great offer from ToneRite, and Tim and Mary McKnight, of McKnight Guitars.
There is nothing in it for me, and I am not endorsing ToneRite. But as a matter of full disclosure, the McKnights are friends of mine.
The following message is from Mary McKnight:

I have a code for you to share with the music world.  Tell all your friends they can get a ToneRite this week for half the regular price by using the following code:  TMLC (Short for Tim McKnight Luthier's Consortium)

Pass this code to your family, extended family, friends, extended friends, parents, others who wish they were your parents and every teacher of stringed instruments!

What was that code?
TMLC

I entered the Code and got " Coupon code not found. Please try again."  :?
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

I'll Check with Mary.
I wonder if it is only available in the US.
Maybe we can work something out.
Please stand by...

Got tel call - they rectified the code issue.  :smile:  They were most helpful and have one on its way to Nova Scotia. Lookin forward to giving it a go  :nana_guitar

Thanks for the coupon Mark  :thumb
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

I think the regular price is silly for such a thing. Slightly more palatable I suppose. I'll wait for the 80% coupon and free set of strings.

In double blind testing it was proven Tonerite does not add mojo.
L-03 Italian Spruce

Thanks for posting.
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

I'm still waiting for the crystals to give me a sign.

Quote from: bluesman67 on November 21, 2012, 09:49:08 AM
Thanks for posting.
Are you zinging me here Blues? I didn't understand the comment.
L-03 Italian Spruce

Not at all. I have a couple guitars that are opening up slowly so a went and ordered a tonerite with the half off discount. I was thanking queequeq for the post.
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

Oh ok, sorry about that.
L-03 Italian Spruce

Can you post a link please.  I am havving a terrible time finding it.  Thanks

Just google tonerite and it comes up. Free shipping!
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

I placed a clickable link in the original post.
(ToneRite, in red.)

Quote from: Queequeg on November 21, 2012, 04:24:55 PM
I placed a clickable link in the original post.
(ToneRite, in red.)
In my color scheme the link is grey. Reminds me of a Moody Blues line "Cold hearted orb that rules the night, removes the colors from our sight, Red is grey and yellow white, but we decide which is right, and which is an allusion."

Ordered mine........thanks for the tip

I ordered one on a whim.  The discount made me do it.   Seems people are either true believers or mockers of the whole idea.  I'll let you know if I feel like a sucker afterward!

Quote from: ryler on November 22, 2012, 05:36:46 PM
I ordered one on a whim.  The discount made me do it.   Seems people are either true believers or mockers of the whole idea.  I'll let you know if I feel like a sucker afterward!
I don't doubt it works myself. Just seems like a lot of money for a vibrator that clamps to a guitar. Half price is getting there.
L-03 Italian Spruce

I think $59.99 would do it for me.

Quote from: ryler on November 22, 2012, 05:36:46 PM
Exactly my thoughts and action as well

Looking forward to some feedback from those who just bought one--especially since it appears to be the latest edition/generation of the ToneRite for guitar.