What's your fav clip on tuner?

Started by Walkerman, November 15, 2012, 10:43:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I plan on picking up a couple of these bad boys in the near future. I like the idea of being able to read it behind the headstock:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/NSMiniClip/

I'll digress with you, headsup. I think it is essential to learn to tune a guitar without the use of an electronic tuner. I try and do it as often as possible, even though I have a tuner on my iPhone and multiple electronic tuners laying around the house.

in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60

Brandon,

FYI, you can mount a Snark so that it's generally hidden behind the headstock as well - part of the rotation feature.  I have it on my bass where the clip is mounted just bridge-side of the low E tuner, but the 'stalk' points to the back of the headstock, with tuner face looking at me.  That's a good deal on the planet waves.  Might be a great stocking stuffer to go with the low end git I just got for my son off of Craigslist.

-Scott

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud

Quote from: rockstar_not on December 03, 2012, 07:18:46 PM
Brandon,

FYI, you can mount a Snark so that it's generally hidden behind the headstock as well - part of the rotation feature.  I have it on my bass where the clip is mounted just bridge-side of the low E tuner, but the 'stalk' points to the back of the headstock, with tuner face looking at me.  That's a good deal on the planet waves.  Might be a great stocking stuffer to go with the low end git I just got for my son off of Craigslist.

-Scott

Good to know! I've seen some good prices on the snarks. Might have to order one of each and see which interface I like more.
in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60

Quote from: brandon on December 03, 2012, 05:05:59 PM
I plan on picking up a couple of these bad boys in the near future. I like the idea of being able to read it behind the headstock:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/NSMiniClip/

I paid less than $13 ea at Amazon. Bought a few.
It is never too late to be what you might have been. - Eliot

2004 LV-03/Fishman Ellipse
2010 RS-2/G3 'buckers

honorable mentions: Heritage 535, Bourgeois/Washburn D55 "Cherokee"

It is never too late to be what you might have been. - Eliot

2004 LV-03/Fishman Ellipse
2010 RS-2/G3 'buckers

honorable mentions: Heritage 535, Bourgeois/Washburn D55 "Cherokee"

That's a steal. That's my cue to snatch a couple up. Thanks!
in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60

I've had a Boss and Seiko, the built in mic did not work so well. So, then I moved to an Intellitouch chromatic that cost me nearly $100., but it couldn't tune the low E string without a battle.

I sensed that my tuning was not quite right, so I then got a Petersen clip on. And then, because it took so long and tested my nerves so badly trying to get those little squares to stop spinning, I then bought an intellitouch PT 10 mini. Not only is it accurate, according to my Petersen, it's easier and more reliable.

I am now living happily ever after....

P.S.....Geez..it cost me enough to get there!!!!!