Vibrato for your guitars

Started by unclrob, October 21, 2012, 12:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

First I have no connection with this company,I've just been doing some research for a client.This seems to be a system for use with Bigsby which allows you to install one without drilling any hole's or using any screw's.It appears to be very DYI.So if you've been thinking of adding a Bigsby to your Bakersfield,RS2 or RS4 without drilling hole's check them out.I will get back to you if my client decide's its for him. :wave

vibramate.com
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

And the V5 version is available left-handed...

...this...

and

...this...
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Yes its amazing to see lefty stuff available,I love it.I have a few lefty players who are now thinking of adding Bigsby's too there guitars.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

I've heard nothing but success stories with Vibramates. And the fact that they make lefty options gives them a huge  :thumb in my book.

Thanks for the link. I've been thinking of getting a Bigsby for one of my RS-4's. This looks like just the thing.

Thanks  :donut :donut2 :donut :donut2
RS-4 Forum V Mini's,

I just sold one of my Carvin's, so I'm kinda tempted to order a lefty B5 and Vibramate for my RS-2 while I still have some $$ in my paypal account  ... I'll let you know...

(One of those would be really cool on the Bakersfield, but they don't make a lefty version of that one...)

Quote from: Mikeymac on October 23, 2012, 05:27:59 PM
I just sold one of my Carvin's, so I'm kinda tempted to order a lefty B5 and Vibramate for my RS-2 while I still have some $$ in my paypal account  ... I'll let you know...

(One of those would be really cool on the Bakersfield, but they don't make a lefty version of that one...)

The bridge wouldn't be a problem and I'm thinking that maybe they have one or something that you can use.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: unclrob on October 23, 2012, 08:49:28 PM
The bridge wouldn't be a problem and I'm thinking that maybe they have one or something that you can use.

Are you suggesting hacking off the back lip of the bridge so that the strings can run toward the Bigsby?

I've seen the flat-body Bisgy (B3?) in a lefty version, I think, but finding the rest of the hardware (bridge and bridge plate) seems pretty iffy.

There bridge plate design just has enough metal to hold the screw that moves the saddle,its the 3 saddle design.The pick of the lefty B5 may be adaptable for the job as there tele Bigsby modal has a tab on it to connect to the strap button to hold it in place.I wish I knew about the there bridge design before I installed the bridge that uses a bridge from a Jaguar/Jazzmaster/Mustang.Then again I have no problem with putting 4 screw holes into the top of my tele so I could use the Bigsby B5 .
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Who'll be the first to try one on their acoustic?!?!
So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com

I had a Bigsby on my Gibson L48 archtop for while.Also if I remember right Brian Adams had a Bigsby on his Gretsch flattop.Also one of th eguitarist with Tony Bennette use to use one on his single P90 Gibson ES175.There are time's that I wish I had a Bigsby on my acoustic  :arrow .
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

I've used the vibramate with great success on a custom guitar a few years ago.
Brandon

Ordered a lefty Vibramate and B5 Bigsby for my RS-2 today ... my Christmas present to myself. I'll post pics and reviews when it gets here (probably around 7-10 days with the holiday shopping and shipping going on).

:nana_guitar

Well for giggle's and grins I made myself a vintage style bridge for use witha Bigsby came out ok.So now just have to save up for a B5 Bigsby trem.I've been thinking about putting a Bigsby on my 3 pu partscaster now I can without all that extra stuff to convert it.I don't mind the drill hole's on the top.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: unclrob on February 11, 2013, 12:27:04 PM
Well for giggle's and grins I made myself a vintage style bridge for use witha Bigsby came out ok.So now just have to save up for a B5 Bigsby trem.I've been thinking about putting a Bigsby on my 3 pu partscaster now I can without all that extra stuff to convert it.I don't mind the drill hole's on the top.

unclrob,

Since you're a dealer, you may be able to get better prices than this, but these are the best prices I've found for Bigsby parts:

http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/gbridge_tailpiece_bigusa.htm

:ohmy: them there some really good price's.I'll have to call my supplier to see how much a B5 will cost me.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Well I made the bridge like in the pix on there website,now just have to save up for the Bigsby,also gotta save up for a set of Fralin P92's split single coils for the new set neck tele I have. :crying:
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: unclrob on February 27, 2013, 10:26:53 AM
Well I made the bridge like in the pix on there website,now just have to save up for the Bigsby,also gotta save up for a set of Fralin P92's split single coils for the new set neck tele I have. :crying:

I'm in the same boat...gotta save some money. I have the lefty Vibramate adapter piece, but when I tried ordering a B5 everyone I tried was out...so here I sit, with an adapter and no trem!

The next few months are gonna be tight - I'm planning to sell a few things, then I can justify it.

I got nothing left to sell.My duo partner is using my Princeton with his electric band as his Peavey Classic 30 died and he doesn't have the dime to fix it,yet he has to get his truck fixed then he can start setting aside money to fix his Peavey and his Fender Pro Jr.Man this not having money really is  pain in the butt.Beside the stuff listed I also need to get a bass amp  and Fender Bassman's {old tube one's,damn guitar players} have gone way up in price.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks