larrivee electric price

Started by johnnyO, February 14, 2013, 03:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi Guy's  i've just seen a 1988 larrivee RT3CM for sale on ebay Uk it has a figured carved top and they're are asking 850 Uk pounds, there does't seem to be any about to judge the price by does any have any clues to wether this is a fair price THANKS

Seems about right for Europe assuming excellent condition, maybe a tad high. They certainly sell for less in North America Sounds like a nice guitar
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

1988 larrivee RT3CM.   :drool:

That guitar was made July 11th, 1988.  It is a rare RT.  Very few were made.  Being an RT-3 carve top makes it even more rare.  The bridge pickup is not oem.  Can't tell for sure about the other 2 pickups.  The price depends on what you want it for.  Will it be a player, a collectable or both.  I've seen 80's Larrivee electrics go between $300 and $1500 depending on condition.   I would need better pictures, however it appears to be in good condition. In my opinion the 80's Larrivee electrics are definitely under valued.   As JOYCEfromNS pointed out, Europe will charge a premium.
Seek perfection of character!
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!
Refrain from violent deeds!

Quote from: Cybercanyon on February 14, 2013, 06:08:13 AM
I would need better pictures, however it appears to be in good condition.
Pictures  :?
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Enjoy!

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

thanks for your help Guys when you say not many were made how many are we talking about  CHEERS

First time I've heard of or seen pics of one of these models.  What a nice finishing job.  I really like the sunbursting on the neck.  Acknowledging the flamed maple front, is the rest of the body maple as well?  It almost looks like it's a neck through design.  Would that be correct?  Also curious about the label on the back of the headstock.  Looks like it has a maple leaf on it.  I presume that label is original to the guitar?  Just curious.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Quote from: johnnyO on February 15, 2013, 12:10:26 AM
thanks for your help Guys when you say not many were made how many are we talking about  CHEERS

RT's are rare to begin with.  I know of only 8.  Due to gaps in the records it is likely there are several more.  Most were RT-2's and RT-4's.  I know of only 1 RT-3.  I matched its serial number to the one in this post.
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!

Quote from: L07 Shooting Star on February 15, 2013, 01:21:42 AM
First time I've heard of or seen pics of one of these models.  What a nice finishing job.  I really like the sunbursting on the neck.  Acknowledging the flamed maple front, is the rest of the body maple as well?  It almost looks like it's a neck through design.  Would that be correct?  Also curious about the label on the back of the headstock.  Looks like it has a maple leaf on it.  I presume that label is original to the guitar?  Just curious.

It is a neck through.  The "R" denotes neck through while an "L" denotes bolt on.  The label is original, it says made in Canada.  Here is an example.
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!

Beautiful Pics Mike!!! I think this thread is a bit of an eye opener for some who may not have been aware of just how beautiful a guitar Larrivee has been building since the 80's

Thanks for the information, Cybercanyon.  I don't suppose you have ever played one or heard one being played? 
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Quote from: L07 Shooting Star on February 15, 2013, 12:29:30 PM
Thanks for the information, Cybercanyon.  I don't suppose you have ever played one or heard one being played? 

Of course he's played one (of the '80's Larrivee's); he owns one (at least one)!
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on February 15, 2013, 03:15:53 PM
Of course he's played one (of the '80's Larrivee's); he owns one (at least one)!
:roll I would say he has more than a few  :laughin:

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on February 15, 2013, 08:04:58 PM
  :roll I would say he has more than a few  :laughin:

:thumbsup :thumb :thumbsup :thumb
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: L07 Shooting Star on February 15, 2013, 12:29:30 PM

I do have a few here and there.   :winkin: 
I have played them all, though some not as often as others.  They are great guitars in both sound and build quality. 
I would love to have that RT-3.  I wish it was in the states. 
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!

Quote from: Cybercanyon on February 19, 2013, 03:53:39 AM
I do have a few here and there.   :winkin:  

"...a few here and there."

A few what?

A few of the '80's Larrivees?

A few all together?

Be more specific, man!