Recommendations for LSV-11 pickup

Started by Billilh, October 14, 2012, 12:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi. I am new to the forum and would appreciate some help on choosing a pickup system for my LSV-11.

You may ask why I didn't buy a larrivee with a pre installed pickup, the answer to that question is simple....... I tried the guitar and fell in love with it. Getting hold of larrivee guitars is quite difficult here in the uk unless you are prepared to wait 3 months.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

K&K Pure Mini  would be my choice though many other options are available from K&K and other Manufacturers.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Thanks roger, I will have have a look at what K&K have to offer.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Regards,
Lee.

Right now I'm really liking the Baggs Anthem SL but the K+K stuff is also really nice.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

K & K Pure Mini for me.
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K

K&K is great...be sure to get their xlr pre amp.  If you want to get the same pickup that is in all Jackson Browne guitars, its called the acoustic lens trance amulet.  Very price-y but is undamaging to your guitar and the preamp is external...http://www.tranceaudio.com/amulet.html

A very late reply. possibly too late...however if you are in the UK it is worth looking at the Headway pu - I prefer it to most of the Fishman/LR Baggs kit, I think it sounds more natural (I haven't tried the K & K kit)
Larrivee L-05
Larrivee J-09
Kronbauer SMB cutaway Engelman/Cocobolo