Omv-10e Any Good?

Started by highlander, January 05, 2005, 10:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guys,
I'm looking to buy my first Larrivee, and i like the look of the OMV-10E.  I've just been playing a Yamaha APX series guitar before so i think its time to get a 'proper' guitar!  Anyone know how they sound and how nice they play - are they worth the extra price you'd be paying for the high end model?

Whichever model i got, i'd probably be wanting to try to get an A6 or A6.2 stuck in it because most of my playing is all 'plugged in'.

Sadly, there's not much Larrivee's kicking around the UK so its going to be pretty hard for me to test one anywhere so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Dude there are a couple people on here that could help you out in buying the guitar which you probubly already know, but I have a J-10 which I think could be considered the grandfather of the om-10 and if the lineage stays true you'll have nothing but blue skies ahead if you get the om-10.  Man the wood work and inlay work is so tasty and the sound in all encompasing.  Is it rosewood b/s with a spruce top cause I think that is killer, but IMO you won't be disappointed getting the om-10, in fact you start to feel like you are a pro because of your guitar.  It'll put hair on your chest.
That's what I think.  Check out the dealers/friends on the forum and ask them some questions, they love it!  
cheers
josh
josh

To err is human....but to do the same wrong thing over and over, well that takes a Christian. 
(Romans chp2 vs3)

Hey dude, I've got the OMV-10E with the A6 and I'm also in the UK. Plymouth to be exact. Looking at your name, you may be a little far away to try it out but you are welcome to if you are nearby!

I bought the OM-10E originally and then switched to a C-09 with fishman rare earth (I needed the cutaway) and I have finally settled for an OMV-10E...for the moment. It sounds great although I am still experimenting with strings and the A6.

On the plus side it really does sound and look amazing even when plugged in. On the neg side it is quite precious and you can't just leave it lying around or really hit it with the metal thumb pick I sometimes use (or the metal picks I sometimes use for getting different sounds) without worrying about it!

Obviously, you may need to get it set up to fit your style of playing when you get it. You might even find one second hand on this forum or evilbay. Drop me a PM if you are nearby and you can have a play. Good luck!

Leigh

Cheers,

i think i'll probably go for it.  Is the A6.2 worth the extra money?