Larrivee OM 60 for sale

Started by sbell234, September 23, 2012, 03:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am selling my Larrivee OM 60 that is 20 years old. this guitar is mislabeled as an OM 50 but  clearly has rosewood back and sides. It is the style that Larrivee discontinued about 15 years ago and there are very few OM 60s like this one, perhaps 5 or so. the style of the 50's and 60's now is the one adopted since that change was made. It is in excellent condition, was made and purchased in Victoria, Canada, plays and sounds great and I am the original owner. Asking $1200. AS I can not figure out how to post pictures here (the "additional options" list says nothing about pics) you may email me at sbell234@comcast.net and I will send you pics. I have a paypal account and will split shipping and any other fees with you.
Thanks for your interest,

AS OF OCTOBER 3,2012.....I SOLD THE GUITAR AT THE ASKING PRICE.Thank you for your interest and the great information about lables and shop locations and all that interesting stuff. You folks know a lot and it is appreciated! Steve
Steve

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Charis SJ Koa/Sitka
Mcknight/Poling GC Koa/Italian
Loriente Clarita EIR/Euro spruce

"One small heart, and a great big soul that's drivin"

I am in Portland Oregon but not too far away from Canada. I do not know how the labels were used at the time of its birth but it says Victoria. If the shop moved to VAncouver in 1983 then I do not know why this label was used. Add that to the "50" stamp and there may be a couple of anomolies. But it does sound great nonetheless...

Quote from: sbell234 on October 02, 2012, 07:51:00 PM
If the shop moved to VAncouver in 1983 then I do not know why this label was used.

Quote from: ktron on September 23, 2012, 05:58:41 PM
"When the shop moved from Victoria, BC to Vancouver, BC in 1983 the label did not change."
http://www.larrivee.com/features/labels.php

From the link above.
Quote from: Larrivee Web Site

When the shop moved from Victoria, BC to Vancouver, BC in 1983 the label did not change. It continued to read "Victoria, BC" until the inception of the next label design in 1994. There was no direct reason for not changing it to read Vancouver. When the company moved and set up shop in North Vancouver, the acoustic market was very soft, and the focus of the company almost immediately shifted to electric guitars. With the focus on electrics, no one even thought about the acoustic label.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: sbell234 on October 02, 2012, 07:51:00 PM
Add that to the "50" stamp and there may be a couple of anomolies.

When Larrivbee first came out with the traditional series, the rosewood models were calls "50". They didn't switch the 50 to mahogany and name the rosewood model "60" until a few years later. We have another forum member here who has a rosewood D-50 from the same time period.

Nice guitar. BTW...I have a J-09 with the same label....
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1