Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Member thoughts on several mics....  (Read 489 times)
GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: September 19, 2012, 04:07:24 PM »

A friend of mine basically lent me an entire home studio. He loaned me a couple road cases full of different mics, consisting of a couple each of 57's, 58's, along with several different pairs and individual pencil condenser mics. The mics I am most interested in learning about presently are the three large diaphragm condenser mics he loaned me. They are a Rhode NT 1A, an ADK A-51, and an SE Electronics Se2200A. I was wondering if any members are familiar with these mics and have any advice on what each mics weaknesses and strengths may be. So, fire away, opinions sought and welcomed...
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 04:16:02 PM »

When we recorded our CD my playing partner use a Rhode's NT but I'm not sure which one.I have used in the past the Rhode's NT1 and the NT2 and find them to be very clean for recording plus they don't colour the instrument.The funny thing is I have come to enjoy the MXL990 that I bought many years back at the stupid price of $25.Works great for both live and studio and again it doesn't colour the instrument.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: