Tusq picks

Started by unclrob, September 08, 2012, 10:35:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I just got some as sample's,.88's and 1.00's.They seem pretty nice I'll be using them at a gig this afternoon so I'll see how they hold up.Anyone else try them?
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Please do tell.

Lately, I have been liking these 'cats tongue' picks that I picked up at a local music store.  http://elderly.com/accessories/items/PKB-88.htm

The grip on these things is far and away above anything I've ever used before.  For at least the past 10 years I've been a Dunlop Standard Nylon pick guy, using white through black, depending on whether I'm lightly strumming the Larry, or tearing into it on my Strat.  But I'm becoming a convert to the cat's tongue grip on the item above.  Even with sweaty or slippery fingers, the grit or whatever is in the grip of these is really 'catchy'.

I also tried some of these http://elderly.com/accessories/items/PKSR-M.htm but the rubber grip wears off pretty quick.  One really weird thing about this pick is that when you drop it, it makes a distinct 'plink' sound.  It's kind of weird, almost glass or metallic in tone.

-Scott
2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud

The humidy was in the high 80%,it was rainy and playing guitar was like trying to pull your hands out of taffy.Everything was sticky but the Tusq 1.00 pick felt pretty good.Nevr slipped from grip,if only my left hand could of moved without sticking.I plan on testing these things for a while so I will keep reporting back.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help