Unclrob - Heavy!

Started by dberch, September 10, 2012, 12:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unclrob, I know you go for the heavier strings - thought you might enjoy this.  I bought some Heavy Guage for a guitar I was keeping tuned a full step down.  worked OK.  But I haven't done that for a while.  Had some EJ18 .014 - .059 left over and put a set on my Collings D1A that I use for open D when gigging. Wow. Best tone I've ever gotten live. Finally the drop tuned B string had some beef to it. Now I have to decide if I'm going to keep putting those on I'll need to get a set up to lower the action a bit...  Might be worth it...
So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com

One thing that you can try is just change out the "E" and the "B" to a heavier guage with your regular guaged set.This will mean that you won't need a new setup,just a minor truss rod twick and you can then play the guitar in standard tuning also with out worry of over taxing the guitar.I would also check with Collings if using that guage of string voids your warrenty as some other companies say it does.I understand the joy of hearing the upper strings when tuned down,its the sparkle that is always missed.More so if your strumming then if your playing finger style.  :nana_guitar Enjoy the missing freq. it will expand every tune you play.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help