Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bakersfield Neck Pickups  (Read 1327 times)
Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: August 22, 2012, 03:42:56 PM »

Difference in sound between the mini-humbucker and the other option?  Thanks for educating me.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 04:38:11 PM »

mini humbucker clean responce without getting muddy sounding in the mids when drivin hard.

Larrivee humbucker tighter responce on all the freq. unlike most other humbuckers they don't seem to get muddy in the mids when drivin

tele style neck by Duncan has the typical tele responce to my ears a little to mid rangy

Larrivee tele style neck pu...net yet available as far as I know.

tele neck pu's in general are less trebly and twangy then the bridge pu.I find them a fatter sounding pu.

Hope this helps.So all know I have played the Bakersfield with both the mini humbucker and the normal style pu and would take either or both home and to gigs.Overall the Bakersfield sound musical even when not plugged in.By this I mean it has a very nice acoustic quality tone.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 10:45:19 PM »

Thanks for the feedback   
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 07:48:52 PM »

Just another update for those who may not pay attention to Larrivee's Facebook page: Matthew is currently designing/building his own neck pickups for the Bakersfield as well (he's already building bridge pickups for it). He recently received the "chrome" (don't know what metal they are actually) covers for them, so it's well on it's way...

...soon the Bakersfields will ship with homegrown Larrivee pickups in them, just like the RS-4, RS-2 and Lancaster...

drool

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 10:21:04 PM »

Yes, Matthew is definitely going for the sound he wants!!
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 03:21:58 AM »

and I want.I very happy with the bridge pu he sent to me for a review.Like I posted someplace else sort of his bridge pu push out a Fralin and I really really like Fralin pu's. drool

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: