Anyone with a Lancaster yet??

Started by JOYCEfromNS, August 17, 2012, 06:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

:?
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

I don't have one yet, but its probably because I haven't been able to test drive a lefty one yet.  The Sierra Gold one I saw on Larrivee's Facebook is freaking gorgeous.  I'm thinking RS-4 to complement my RS-2 before a Lancaster though. 
1991 Larrivee lefty C19        Forum 3 #68A LS03 IS/RW HB lefty
Form 3 #52  LS03 all mahogany lefty
Yamaha FG450                    1993 Les Paul Standard lefty
Yamaha FG335                    2012 American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Classical (1974?)      2011 RS-2 w/P-90's
Takamine 12 string

Quote from: johnny37 on August 17, 2012, 07:29:47 PM
I'm thinking RS-4 to complement my RS-2 before a Lancaster though. 
I certainly understand that thought  :smile:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: johnny37 on August 17, 2012, 07:29:47 PM
I don't have one yet, but its probably because I haven't been able to test drive a lefty one yet.  The Sierra Gold one I saw on Larrivee's Facebook is freaking gorgeous.  I'm thinking RS-4 to complement my RS-2 before a Lancaster though. 

Hmmmmm, don't you mean a Ventura and  Monterey?    :wave

And the Lancasters come in SHORELINE Gold, not SIERRA Gold...

Minor point ...

I really want one, too! But life has it's priorities...  :crying:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Not being an electric guitar aficionado I looked to see what a "Lancaster" Guitar looked like. I found a lot of teachers and music stores in PA but all I could find that looked like a guitar was the "Langcaster". Is that the same animal?

f
Larrivee L-03 w/Gotoh 381 tuners (African Mahogany/Sitka)
Collings OM2Hc (EIR/Sitka)
Schenk Ophirio (Sapele/Cedar)
Bourgeois 00 Custom (Mahogany/It. Spruce)

There's another thread here with some pics, but here you go:

And yes, it IS available left-handed, with that Hipshot trem bridge...  :+1:

I like it that they have standardized the bolt on meck modals with the tele type headstock on the Bakersfield.Makes id'ing easier as a Larrivee. :thumb
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: Mikeymac on August 20, 2012, 01:22:04 PM
And the Lancasters come in SHORELINE Gold, not SIERRA Gold...

Minor point ...

Oops.  Was thinking about 50's Chev car colors, not guitar colors. :coffee
1991 Larrivee lefty C19        Forum 3 #68A LS03 IS/RW HB lefty
Form 3 #52  LS03 all mahogany lefty
Yamaha FG450                    1993 Les Paul Standard lefty
Yamaha FG335                    2012 American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Classical (1974?)      2011 RS-2 w/P-90's
Takamine 12 string

You want blasphemy? While I like the looks of that headstock on the Bakersfield, I'd have actually preferred the Lanc with the old 80's bird of prey headstock.

I remember seeing a Lancaster in some of the early shots that had a sort of symmetrical headstock, I would personally go with that one if I were in the market.  I really dig the looks of these things.

Edit:
This link:
http://chitarre.accordo.it/galleries/64106/musikmesse-2012-larrivee.html

From this thread:
http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=39811.0
Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18

Quote from: ducktrapper on August 21, 2012, 10:13:50 AM
You want blasphemy? While I like the looks of that headstock on the Bakersfield, I'd have actually preferred the Lanc with the old 80's bird of prey headstock.

Duc I think that they'll move more with the Bakersfield headstock the Bird of prey style is a cool retro thing most of the players I know hated those headstocks.As always I could be wrong and even though I like the looks of your original modals I had to do a lot of headstock repairs back then on that style of headstock.Modernizing the headstock and creating a standard for a company's line is really important.I mean how many time's do we as players try to figure out what a guitar player is playing by looking at the headstock.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Seems to be that the bird of prey headstocks would be a nightmare to keep in tune if you have a trem but don't have a locking nut...

I still would like to have my question answered about these guitars. Are they available without pickguards and if so, are they available left handed without pickguards? I asked in the official Lancaster thread at the beginning of the month but never heard an answer.

On the Larrivee Facebook, they show pickguard-less Lancasters.

Quote from: LeftyBlake on August 21, 2012, 05:09:11 PM
I still would like to have my question answered about these guitars. Are they available without pickguards and if so, are they available left handed without pickguards? I asked in the official Lancaster thread at the beginning of the month but never heard an answer.

On the Larrivee Facebook, they show pickguard-less Lancasters.

Contact a dealer,maybe they can get an answer.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: Mikeymac on August 21, 2012, 03:48:13 PM
Seems to be that the bird of prey headstocks would be a nightmare to keep in tune if you have a trem but don't have a locking nut...
Any style with a trem and no locking nut would be a nightmare

I am teetering having one of these made but with an Ibby LoPro tremolo.  Few months I might have some $ to fund it, if Larrivee would be willing to do some kind of custom work like this.  I'd really like to play one first... anyone know if these are around the northeast?

Ehhh, I'm probably better off getting one of the old-school RS-4s... anyone selling?!  :D

Phil

Quote from: Mikeymac on August 21, 2012, 03:48:13 PM

Good thing my LT-1 has no whammy then? Actually, I believe they position the strings in more of a straight line. Can't see them being more problematic than a Fender headstock.