Forum V - #3

Started by bacchus, August 15, 2012, 09:02:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

This is a repost from the electric guitar section about my brand new Forum V.

I got Forum V #3 last night.  Man this thing is sweet!  I love everything about it.  This thing looks great, feels great, and man o' man does this thing sound great. 

There are so many usable tones in every position.  And the mini - this thing is so cool!  It does exactly what I hoped it would.  You get that nice, thick, smooth neck tone, all without any of the associated muddiness of a hot hum in the neck position.  The neck doesn't seem to overdrive very easily, but I am more than OK with that because it sounds fantastic clean to crunchy.  The bridge full-HB is no slouch either, obviously.  It just screams rock, this thing sings like a rugged gentleman.  The guitar itself is just so balanced and resonant, it is hard to get it to sound bad.

Long story short, I am very happy!  I am obviously still firmly in honeymoon phase, but all signs point to this guitar being a lifer.  Thanks to everyone at Larrivee for doing such a great job on these.  A very special thanks to the facilitators of this process: Matt, Ted, and Andrew.

Anyway, sorry to babble, here are some more pics.

Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18

That is beautiful.   :nice guitar:
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Looks beautiful.Love the idea of a mini in the neck and a full size in the bridge.Mini's have always been my favorite humbuckers.  :nice guitar:   :cheers
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

I am absolutely in love with this guitar right now.  I am really surprised that there doesn't seem to be many mini/full combo's out there.  I guess you have to make some adjustments to get the pickups at comparable levels for switching and the middle selection, but it is just so worth it to me.
Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18

Nice pics Friend  :drool:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

:nice guitar:

Great looking flame top, big fan of flamed maple

:+1:

Tom:

Peace and LONG LIVE THE BLUES...

2011 Larrivee Wildwood Custom Dv03re
1994 Fender Stratocaster
1964 Fender Duo Sonic ll
2009 Highland Royal Deluxe
Line 6 flextone original model
Mesa Maverick Dual Rectifier
Vox Pathfinder 15r

Thanks for the compliments, this is a sweet guitar.  I was informed that in these pics, the wound strings are not in their saddle slots.  Oops, I don't know how I didn't notice that.
Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18