Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Larrivee Forum T-Shirts  (Read 21771 times)
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2012, 02:32:47 AM »

All ideas look pretty good to me. Anybody with experience and access to shirt maker and willing to take the Lead?

Once that is established then we can check with Larrivee about getting a one-time authorization.

I'm in for two whatever logo(s) is decided. I would guess that if you put designs on front, back and shoulders each would drive the cost up - just guessin as no experience at all in this kinda thing. Have a preference for North American made tho.

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
peterparlour

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 02:58:00 AM »

You're correct about multiple imprint positions adding to the cost.  Setting the project up with a t-shirt imprinter isn't a problem - there are companies and individuals all over North America that could do the job, and there are North American t-shirt suppliers, too.  It'd be best to get permission and a good digital file from Larrivee.  I have done projects like this before - getting the size mix right without pre-orders can be tricky, but that can be guesstimated, too.  This is not untrodden ground - it's not that complicated, if we can get permission.

Peter Parlour

Larrivee P-01
Larrivee 00-03R
Larrivee OM-40 Vintage Sunburst
Larrivee SD-40R
Larrivee Bakersfield
Dotneck
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 03:13:58 AM »

I like the Larrivee logo or the label on the chest.  Not liking the headstock photo unless some designer can make it look nice. Also would not want the "Larrivee Forum" text on the shirt at all. That would be a deal killer for me. I don't mind flying the Larrivee flag but the Forum designation is a little too geeky for me....

Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012, 05:06:06 AM »

If there isn't going to be any reference to the Larrivee Forum on the shirt we may as well just buy a a Larrivee t-shirt.............which I have by the way and they are very nice
Dan

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2012, 05:42:14 AM »

The label shirt is mighty fine lookin'. I would buy one of those any day of the week.

Dan
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2012, 06:09:06 AM »

If there isn't going to be any reference to the Larrivee Forum on the shirt we may as well just buy a a Larrivee t-shirt.............which I have by the way and they are very nice

I agree.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

dr.underhill

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2012, 03:34:31 PM »

The label shirt is mighty fine lookin'. I would buy one of those any day of the week.

ditto. +1

i used to agitate for sedition. now i advocate sedation.
Mouthy1

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2012, 03:41:41 PM »

You could do it on Cafe Press and sell them individually without an order size requirement.  You just upload your images and they put it on the shirt.  It won't be an antiqued shirt probably but it would be easy and I think shirts are $18 or so?.

No matter how much I spend, I still suck!
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2012, 03:55:21 PM »

You could do it on Cafe Press and sell them individually without an order size requirement.  You just upload your images and they put it on the shirt.  It won't be an antiqued shirt probably but it would be easy and I think shirts are $18 or so?.

Just do a google search for "T shirt template" and you'll find plenty of on-line companies that will make t-shirts in various colors with your own artwork on them.  Finding someone to make them is the easy part.    The hard part is to get a majority of interested members to agree on the design !  bigrin

pricing is determined to a certain degree by how extensive the art work is and what grade of t-shirt you choose;  also, how many are ordered of course.
hatofthecat

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2012, 04:13:35 PM »

that label w/ distressed look would be cool!

madhat

+1   nuff said.

Pete

1992 Larrivée L-09 Koa
Jeff

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2012, 06:38:48 PM »

I'd buy one with that retro label on it today.  I love the French spelling of "guitar".  Very cool.  Not bothered about no reference to the forum ... most all Larrivee shirts I've seen just say just Larrivee with no mention of being a guitar maker.  That it's clear that it refers to Larrivee guitars is enough for me.

I got a T-shirt from Notable Guitars when I got my LV-03 some years ago.  It does say Larrivee on it, but only the Notable logo, which is also on the shirt, has the word "guitar."  People always ask me what kind of guitar a "Notable" guitar is; it takes too long to explain.

OMV-40
OM-3R
LV-03
Martin OMC-15E
Late 70's Univox Acoustic
Kentucky Mandolin
Hooked

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2012, 11:54:37 AM »

I played with the headstock just a little to see what might be possible....

Remember when the music came from wooden boxes strung with silver wires...
Transylvania

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2012, 05:08:58 PM »

I too would love a Larrivee T-shirt--or two!
madhat

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2012, 06:11:51 PM »

i like this- anyone else?

jl by Otohp70, on Flickr
aarra

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2012, 01:31:16 PM »

You can have a great shirt made by Cafe Press or a similar company with anything you like as long as it is for your own use.  I have shirts with lyrics from various songs that are meaningful to me.  I also plan to photograph my guitars and have the photos on a shirt.  Once it becomes a commercial project, I am sure that you need permission to avoid copyright infringement.  If it's a team-spirit project, go for it.  I'll buy one.  If that isn't the object, just have one shirt made for yourself with any design you like.  Just my 2 cents.
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2012, 05:37:29 PM »

I've just about worn the print off my 40th anniversary JCL logo shirt and would buy a couple more if they were available.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
rockstar_not
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2012, 06:39:53 PM »

Why not just lobby Larrivee to have a few more offerings on the official swag store?  Prices there are reasonable (about what you would pay at CafePress - which will not be screen printed, btw).

-Scott

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF

My Sound Cloud
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2012, 07:33:52 PM »

Why not just lobby Larrivee to have a few more offerings on the official swag store?  -Scott
I'd rather a lobbiest for a Hollowbody myself blush

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2012, 08:53:39 PM »

I'd rather a lobbiest for a Hollowbody myself blush
Like an ES-335? Wouldn't that be something.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2012, 04:07:30 AM »

I forgot to mention I would prefer shirt to be made in North America.  Most of my clothing is made in USA and is not overly expensive compared to the alternative and you can feel the difference.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: